Yamaha Touring windscreen for 06/07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, I have also never heard anyone mention a factory gel seat for this bike, but now there is one available. Sorry for the slight hijack, but these are new accessories (new to me anyway).

That seat looks very tempting...
I wish there was a way to test things before you buy though.
Both look to be priced well for the market.

It does crack me up that OEMs call their alternative seating options "Comfort" seats. What's that make the stocker? :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
I could say I don't care about the chick riding bitch, but instead, I'll say that I don't need the pillion seat ( I have a smuggler). I emailed UM to see if the gel seat is available for the pilot only, and what they charge for it.

I wonder if the polycarbonate "touring" shield is not only bigger, but thicker and a different material than the stocker. The stock shield is pretty thin, and seems to scratch up pretty easily. Wonder if it would be nice to get a Yammy shield, or someone elses (V-Stream?) just because it might be a scratch resistant polycarbonate.

One of you guys needs to buy this stuff and report back!!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I could say I don't care about the chick riding bitch, but instead, I'll say that I don't need the pillion seat ( I have a smuggler). I emailed UM to see if the gel seat is available for the pilot only, and what they charge for it.
I wonder if the polycarbonate "touring" shield is not only bigger, but thicker and a different material than the stocker. The stock shield is pretty thin, and seems to scratch up pretty easily. Wonder if it would be nice to get a Yammy shield, or someone elses (V-Stream?) just because it might be a scratch resistant polycarbonate.

One of you guys needs to buy this stuff and report back!!!! ;)
anybody thats tried several screen have any thoughts on the yammie screen based on the web description-I was thinking about ordering the vstream . I am 5/11-190lbs I guess average size-can easily flat foot the bike with stock seat. I read the ride reports on the different screens and realize its real subjective and now the yammie screen offers another option