Yamaha trunk and mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobber

Reaction score
Bought a new 'heldover' 2005 FJR couple of weeks ago. At time ordered a few accessories, including the Yamaha trunk and mount. Been about 3 weeks and have received everything I ordered but trunk and mount. Contacted dealer today and they in turn contacted Yamaha Canada to find out that there has been an issue with the mounts and are being re-designed so are not shipping any until new product released.

Curious if anyone heard or familiar with this?

I also heard it directly from the guy that sold me my bike. He works for Yamaha Corp. He is supposed to email me when the fix is in so that I can order my trunk and mount. Keep me posted if you hear before I do that it's available. I have an '06.

I know there was a recall (poster either here or on the FJR owners) for Austrialia but this was for the 06-07 models only. I have also heard several people describing failures wher ethe trunk poped off and their undies ended up on the interstate for all to see (a real bummer if you wear Depends :rofl: )

Well got my new trunk and mount today from Yamaha Canada. Bummer is that mount is for an '06 while I need an '05 :angry2: Only 2 months waiting.

Anyway they are 'emergency ordering' me the proper mount. What I can gather from the info supplied its the TRUNK which has been changed... not the mount. The trunk has a formed metal plate under it where it attaches. There's a bulletin with trunk stating if the metal plate not there to return for updated version.

Go figure I found today that a dealer in Edmonton has a Givi V-46, mount(076-SR346) and backrest in stock. That would of been about $250 less than Yamaha's.