"You Don't Know Shit About Dynamite"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dynamite is kids shit..
Ask me aboot Magnesium fires.. Or just ostensibly obscene fires in general.
I got to witness fire training on petroleum pool fires and a magnesium fire. Amazing shit when they hit that with the water.
When in the USAF in the late 60s I was a munitions guy and some of the most fun I ever had was doing firepower demonstrations. Nothing quite like using the tax payers dollars blowing shit up with things that make dynamite look tame.

Dynamite is kids shit..
I got to witness fire training on petroleum pool fires and a magnesium fire. Amazing shit when they hit that with the water.
When in the USAF in the late 60s I was a munitions guy and some of the most fun I ever had was doing firepower demonstrations. Nothing quite like using the tax payers dollars blowing shit up with things that make dynamite look tame.
I thought the assistant fire chief was going to shit himself when he seen his boys ready to douse one of my fires with the water hose..

I told his morons what was burning but they were fukin clueless.. If he'd have arrived seconds later shit would have gotten really interesting.

Hard to believe a fire department wouldn't have a clue about it, seeings how there are or were several manufacturing facility's in the area that used it.

They now know... Cost me 5 hunert bucks.
grin.gif

Dynamite is kids shit..
I thought the assistant fire chief was going to shit himself when he seen his boys ready to douse one of my fires with the water hose..

I told his morons what was burning but they were fukin clueless.. If he'd have arrived seconds later shit would have gotten really interesting.

Hard to believe a fire department wouldn't have a clue about it, seeings how there are or were several manufacturing facility's in the area that used it.

They now know... Cost me 5 hunert bucks.
grin.gif
Spent 32+ years working in a local aluminum refinery as an industrial mechanic. The cast house used mag to alloy aluminum to the customers' specs. They decided to use one of the homogenizing furnaces to dry out 6000 lbs. of mag (couldn't add it to molten metal while it was still damp). They accidentally turned the heat up too high and lit it off. I forget how many days it burned, but it went through the steel and refractory piers that held the billets, the bottom of the furnace, and a foot and a half into the concrete. The interior of that furnace was big enough to park 4-5 small cars inside; it took us a few months to put it back together again. Good times...

6000 pounds?? Dayum!! and I thought 30 pounds made a spectacle! That 30 pounds burned about a foot into the dirt.

If I'd have lit that 6000 off. I'd still be incarcerated.

Always used to get a kick outs folks reaction when I'd toss a chunk into a 5 gallon bucket full of water.

One time we got ahold of some phosphorus, just to add a different color.

These are the same guys that used to taste mercury and play with it in their hands...........

I spilled my carb synch's mercury all over the garage floor last week, never called for an environmental cleanup crew.... Just wet down the floor and swept what I could out the door into the lawn

My balls are gonna fall off ain't they.

Ya just know some paranoid fuk here is gonna freak out.

Last edited by a moderator: