"You Don't Know Shit About Dynamite"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it just goes to show ya and it'll go ya once again, if you're 15 or 60 you learn somethin new everyday.

Let it be a lesson for us all. That's some funny shit there!
no.gif

That was awesome. Sadly, today he would actually be in jail and probably fighting a civil lawsuit as well.

OMG!!! At the 3:00 minute mark, I knew this was going to end badly! Hilarious!
lol.gif
lol.gif
I need a Kleenex!

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!!! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. That was freakin' halarious! My ribs hurt,

I can see a couple of people I know - not giving names - that would do something as silly as this or worse......

lol2.gif

Growing up in a small farming/ranching community, I know guys just like that. Both the guy that told the story and the guy the story was about.

It never ceases to make me laugh.

Hmmm, I'm wondering about the good ol' boy telling the story and how much he really did know about dynamite. Let's see, old dynamite in the trunk of a car in Texas -- I wonder how much that dynamite was sweating in the heat. Once that happens you don't even need blasting cap(s) to set it off, all it would take is a good bumpy road or have the dynamite box slide around. Six loose dynamite sticks in a box is a bad idea to begin with.

Right you are. Even in good conditions the old dynamite needed to be turned on a regulas basis. Still a funny story.

Back in the day, when I was a little younger & much more foolish, a friend mentioned that he had discovered a nearly full box of 'stumping' dynamite stored in an old car on his recently purchased property. At that time, I had a few large stumps on my land that I wanted to remove, so my friend said I could have the dynamite for the taking.

The next day, I drove to his farm, about 200 Km, loaded the box of dynamite into the trunk of my car. He also presented me with a small cardboard box of about 50 blasting caps, and a roll of fuse wire. We chatted for a while over coffee, then I drove back to my place, where I unloaded the box, and belatedly decided to examine my prize.

When I opened the box, I nearly fainted, because the dynamite was liberally crusted with crystals, which I realized, (not being entirely ignorant, merely stupid), were nearly pure nitro.

I gingerly closed the box, carried it slowly and carefully into the backyard, placed it ever so gently on the lawn, and phoned the bomb disposal unit....

"Um, would you guys mind coming to remove a box of old, sweaty dynamite?"

Later, I assured the officers there was no more dynamite in my friend's old car, but they went and took a look anyway.

I think I aged about 10 years that afternoon...

omg2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Dynamite is kids shit..
Ask me aboot Magnesium fires.. Or just ostensibly obscene fires in general.
When I had a sand rail and went to Glamis, there was always 3-4 Magnesium fires every weekend. Pretty impressive if have never seen one.