• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2024 FJR with 1,000,000 mile parts bike? In Denver, on Marketplace.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope!
1000000 miles would take 694 days at 60 mile/hour.
Not to mention that the forks are an "A" model, not the ES for 2024 or any other recent year.

Dash is Gen II. Even if an "A" model Gen II, I haven't heard of anything with that many miles.
Maybe it is legit and the guy just has all the details wrong, but there are WAY too many red flags on this one!!

1701275049109.png

1701275237097.png

Note: I do not have a FB account so I can't "Log in for details"

Great observations, RossKean. I asked about the seat only, and received response of "all or nothing" Maybe stolen? Maybe owned by one hell of an IB rider? I just posted as interesting information. Think I will stay away from this.

Looks like a dirty '06. Maybe a few good parts on the cheap!

~G
Could be a 2012, assuming that is the Cobalt Blue. A little hard to tell for sure due to reflections, but it could even be a Raven Black '08 or '09. Really doesn't matter other than for painted bits. You would have to get a bunch of close up photos or (better still) get your eyes on it to see if any fairing parts are salvageable plus the condition of forks, seats, tank, wheels, mirrors, radiator, brake calipers etc. Even if not 1,000,000 miles (highly unlikely), I wouldn't hold my breath about the engine.
No side cases, centerstand, side stand, exhaust, side fairings. Seems to have a Cee Bailey windscreen and some sore of auxiliary lights, maybe Throttlemeister bar ends? Certainly wouldn't pay much for it but if it was local and VIN showed it wasn't stolen, it might have some value if you had the space, expertise, time and inclination to take it on.

Last edited:
Could be a 2012, assuming that is the Cobalt Blue. A little hard to tell for sure due to reflections, but it could even be a Raven Black '08 or '09. Really doesn't matter other than for painted bits. You would have to get a bunch of close up photos or (better still) get your eyes on it to see if any fairing parts are salvageable plus the condition of forks, seats, tank, wheels, mirrors, radiator, brake calipers etc. Even if not 1,000,000 miles (highly unlikely), I wouldn't hold my breath about the engine.
No side cases, centerstand, side stand, exhaust, side fairings. Seems to have a Cee Bailey windscreen and some sore of auxiliary lights, maybe Throttlemeisters? Certainly wouldn't pay much for it but if it was local and VIN showed it wasn't stolen, it might have some value if you had the space, expertise, time and inclination to take it on.
I zoomed in on the picture and it looks like some one signed the side cover.🤷🏻‍♂️

1- that’s not a 2024, but I’m guessing mileage is listed as 1,000,000 because they don’t know it, but by being obviously incorrect no one can say they were false advertising or similar.

2- that looks like it might be a stock seat? I’ll sell you my stock one from my Gen III if you’re looking for one. I’ve heard shipping is expensive, but we can look into it if you’d like.

I used to work for lkq and they would wire tie the keys like that so they didn't get lost.anyway it belongs to ricks friend jesse.looks like they're in some kind of plant or something.so my verdict is it's an 06 that someone laid down on the right side and it was not worth fixing so insurance totaled it and someone got it from the insurance yard as evidenced by the keys wired to it.I hit a dog on my 1400 intruder years ago and you couldn't even tell unless you looked really hard,one ding in the tank and a big piece of chrome for the controls that was really expensive so they gave me 3,000 for it and I bought it back from them for 500 so I got 2500 and the bike back and rode on.probably similar situation.anyone who wants to fix it will have a salvage title.probably legit insurance bike.