You know it's been a while since you rode when...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creg-ny-baa

Reaction score
This may head straight to NEPRT, but...

You know it's been a while since you rode when-

-a whiff of cow s**t brings a smile to your helmeted, riding face.

I'll have to clarify this...Years ago when I had an 03' VTX 1800, I was riding home in the dark on a secluded country road, at the speed limit when I noticed a change ahead in the pavement color. Apparently during the day after I had passed through, a farmer was hauling manure from his farm to a remote field, and had made several trips. It was on a gently sweeping corner, and before I had time to slow, I slid from the inside of the right hander to the outside of the right lane. It was an accidental, controlled slide with both wheels! It was both an incredible, and frightening feeling......and I think I pooped myself a little!

You know it's been a while since you last rode when:

You consistently put on your helmet before your earplugs.

You remember to put your gloves on, only to realize your keys are still in your pocket.

Your shifting could be used to shake a paint can.

Your riding gear is a little tighter than you remember.

You'll gladly ride around the block rather than make that tight, low speed turn.

You find sunflower seeds in your airbox.

The first bug hit on your visor fills you with joy.

You know it's been a while since you last rode when:
You consistently put on your helmet before your earplugs. I always do this

You remember to put your gloves on, only to realize your keys are still in your pocket. I always do this

Your shifting could be used to shake a paint can.

Your riding gear is a little tighter than you remember. Every spring

You'll gladly ride around the block rather than make that tight, low speed turn.

You find sunflower seeds in your airbox.

The first bug hit on your visor fills you with joy.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know it's been a long time when your last ride was the WI SPin, and your next is the Ramble.

BTDT

Hmmm, why the cow shit theme here? :unsure:

You know it's been a while when...

Every day you're looking longingly out your office window at the slowly melting snow, thinking... how bad could it be? ;)

you realize that if spring ever comes you will be testing the old adage that you never forget how to ride.

Left hand clutch... Right hand brake...

One down, four up...

Push right, turn right...

"No, I don't have any idea why you stopped me, sir"

You know it's been a while when....

ridng the wife's cruiser even feels good.

But now that the feejer is back together again, enough of that cruiser malarkey.

Tank, no offense, I fricken hate you! First day of spring and we get 4 more inches of white fluffy rain. ARRGH. Fug it, maybe we ride tomorrow.

Laughed very hard at this...... as soon as the snow cleared and the weather got above 40*, the woman and I went out for a spin, sure as SHIT - freshly spread manure in the field in the direction we were heading.....

Shared this thread with my woman - she says "Yeah we can certainly relate to that"...

Let me clarify - it was the first ride that she felt like going, since I've been out numerous times below the 30* mark....

She had expressed her jealousy and finally caved....