Zarco for President- GP spoiler alert

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Praise coming from a VR fanboy, I guess so, but I differ with the term ‘taking out’. It appears that both riders were involved in a racing incident where neither were ‘at fault’. MM’s bike was disabled but rideable to the pits without a crash, and he was unscathed. Taking out is a term that’s been used for rider crashes caused by Iannone, Simoncelli, MM, and many others, with penalties levied. Zarco’s style has been described as ‘aggressive’, looks borderline reckless to me. Don’t recall if he’s been penalized yet.

As you said, both were extremely lucky no one was hurt badly, it could have been very, very bad for either one. Glad it wasn’t, I surely wouldn’t have posted that if either were hurt.

Two riders are involved in a racing incident, which it clearly was. Both Marquez and Zarco agreed it was a racing incident. Both were knocked out of the race.

You,for some reason, think Zarco should be praised or elected president as a result? I just don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one can know whether or not MM knew where Zarco was. MM was free to make racing moves (change lines and brake for the corner) as he wished unless and until another rider came along side of him. Zarco never came into MMs field of view so it was totally up to Zarco to avoid hitting MM. I do not think Zarco acted in an overly aggressive, foolish or irresponsible manner, but he ran into the rear of a rider in the braking zone of a corner; it was his responsibility to avoid doing so. It appeared to me that both riders consider the collision to be a racing incident and have moved on.

Last edited by a moderator: