Zumo Screen Protectors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DailyCommuter

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Reaction score
Being a new owner of a Zumo, Naturally I want it to last forever and be protected. I did a quick Google search for "Zumo Screen Protectors" and this was one that came up. Number one actually. I'm going to give it a try and I will let everyone know how easy to apply it is, and if its as good as they claim. There are a few good you tube video's on the site showing installation, and durability tests. This is a link to the Zagg Site Clicky Here

It looks pretty good. I have heard of some glare problems and adhesive issues with some of them (Targus). I think you will love the Zumo. I would get one of the security screws too if you do not have one. Where did you mount it?

I've been using my Zumo 550 for years (well, since it came out). The screen is made to touch, it's very durable. I wouldn't waste my money on a screen protector.

James

I have a security screw it came with one. I mounted it on my techmount platform. Its a double platform on a single stem the other platorm is for my Radar. Ill add a picture to this in a lttle while

Since 99% of the time I touch the Zumo with gloves, I have never needed a screen protector. Still looks good as new.

maybe I will hold off on it, I'll think about it now
I wouldn't .

You should see my 3 year old 2730 screen. It looks like crap with all the scratches on it. Now it's hard to see in certain light conditions when the sun is shining in it because of the scratches. I always use a glove too, but when it gets dusty, and/or dirty, it picks up scratches.

I need to put some kind of protective film on my newer GPSs, so I am eager to find out how this pricey stuff works for you.

If you decide to get one, get one of the anti-glare ones. While you may not be so worried about scratches, the anti-glare film really does make a difference. I got mine from www.boxwave.com .

I don't have a GPS yet but I use those protectors on my phones. They make those protectors for everything from laptops, camera screens and IPODS. I've had nothing but success using them. Dropped my phone in a gravel pit and it held up nice..FWIW.......... :thumbsupsmiley:

I don't have a GPS yet but I use those protectors on my phones. They make those protectors for everything from laptops, camera screens and IPODS. I've had nothing but success using them. Dropped my phone in a gravel pit and it held up nice..FWIW.......... :thumbsupsmiley:
Yeah I ordered 2 sets for my kids' nintendo ds's. And 2 kits for my blackberry and my wifes blackberry. I'm going to put it on the Zumo too I'll post some pictures after the install. Next week probably. With shipping and what not.

My riding podna's experience with his 3 years old Zumo was first scratches and imperfections showing up on the screen, and then the touch function of the screen failed forcing him to either replace the GPS or the screen (not decided yet).

I purchased the below protector and am very happy with it all around:

Zumo Screen Protector off ebay

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

I have Zagg protectors on my Garmin 376c, my screen on my digital camera and my Nano. When I had to send in my GPS for repair (and possible replacement) I peeled off the Zagg protector, sent it back to them, and after a small charge they sent me a new one. Lifetime replacement. They work.

I use the Zumo 550 everyday. Ive had it over a year and move it back and forth between the car and Bike. even with the kids polking at it the screen is good as new, I think you can pass o the protector