ZX-14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all: CUT THE CRAP WITH THE QUOTES!. You are making the thread hard to read and wasting bandwidth to boot.

I have sat on the bike a few times. At 6'0"", I think it is very comfortable, other than the legs being a little cramped.

In any event, I don't think it is unfair to compare it to the FJR. The ZX-14 and the Busa are NOT true sportbikes. They are GT sportbikes. They have long-ish wheelbases and long swingarms. They have less agressive steering geometry. They have low seats. What's different compared to the FJR? Screen, bars, and bags. All easily changed in either direction on either bike.

Sport touring bikes are not classified as such just because they have side cases. They are SPORT bikes that can go long distances. Nobody can define that. And nobody can decide for everybody what modifications need be done.

The ZX is more a SPORT touring bike than many other bikes that people do this kind of riding on. Almost as much as the FJR. Easily apples and apples comparison - just granny smith vs. golden delicious.

-BD

Yall sure know how to beat a dead horse.

Just put the ZX-14 motor in the FJR and call it a day.

It's dead already.

DEAD

DEAD

DEAD

BURRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Decided not to turbo charge the FJR,just have to many home projects to do this winter :(

So since i really want more power and i rarely do any long distance riding the FJR is for sale.

As much as i like it,some things just don't do it for me,for one i don't like the 5 speed trans and rpms at highway speeds and the weight of the bike. I will miss the audiovox cruise control. <_<

Going back to a GT bike,the ZX14 will be in my garage as soon as the FJR sells.

Decided not to turbo charge the FJR,just have to many home projects to do this winter :(
So since i really want more power and i rarely do any long distance riding the FJR is for sale.

As much as i like it,some things just don't do it for me,for one i don't like the 5 speed trans and rpms at highway speeds and the weight of the bike. I will miss the audiovox cruise control. <_<

Going back to a GT bike,the ZX14 will be in my garage as soon as the FJR sells.
Head over to www.zx14.net . I know the guy who owns it and he has a project zx14. I have ridden his bike and if I could afford it the zx would be in my garage also. With the butterflies removed, pcIII, and he custom makes his own k&n style filter for it and has a full Tsukigi Exhaust and puts out Hp numbers in the 190's on the Dyno. Riding it was as smooth as butter in this configuration not abrupt at all like the thread I started and posted the article in said it would be.

I liked it. He painted the lower plastics to match the rest of the bike and the leuvers he had the painter highlight the fins in Red and the flat part in a gloss black. Really looks sharp.

https://www.zx14.net/publicforum/index.php?topic=1090.0

Last edited by a moderator:
...the FJR is for sale.
As much as i like it, some things just don't do it for me,for one i don't like the 5 speed trans and rpms at highway speeds and the weight of the bike.
+1000!

Hey Stu…about time you come back to the dark side. :diablo: LOL. I kind of had the feeling you were going to leave the FJR platform and go back to the GT class. Maybe I will see you at TWTs soon (weather permitting) and if you have any questions about the 14, let me know or send a PM. You will be very pleased with the 14. It truly is a do all bike and soooooo silky smooth in the engine department.

Are you looking at an ’06 or ’07?

Prediction… Stu’s bike will be the most farkled 14 at TWTs in 2007! LOL.

...the FJR is for sale.

As much as i like it, some things just don't do it for me,for one i don't like the 5 speed trans and rpms at highway speeds and the weight of the bike.
+1000!

Hey Stu…about time you come back to the dark side. :diablo: LOL. I kind of had the feeling you were going to leave the FJR platform and go back to the GT class. Maybe I will see you at TWTs soon (weather permitting) and if you have any questions about the 14, let me know or send a PM. You will be very pleased with the 14. It truly is a do all bike and soooooo silky smooth in the engine department.

06' or 07' depends on price,champion cycle quoted me 9999+397 set-up. I want to see how much difference the price is between the two years. First i have to move the FJR,shouldn't be to hard,low miles and not a scratch.

...the FJR is for sale.

+1000!

06' or 07' depends on price,champion cycle quoted me 9999+397 set-up. I want to see how much difference the price is between the two years. First i have to move the FJR,shouldn't be to hard,low miles and not a scratch.
The farkling has begun....

Been awhile since i've stopped by to say hi, hope everyone is enjoying the great riding weather....... Stu.

BIKENIGHT009.jpg

I finally figured out why I don't like those ridges on the body work. It makes the ZX/C14 look like a Chrysler Crossfire.

photo_01.jpg

photo_05.jpg

and, while i kinda like that look for that car, i don't particularly care for my bikes looking like they were designed by a car mfgr. it's why a duc thrills my visual sense and a GL1800 doesn't.