RZ350’s Gen II Mods, Part 12 - Bungee Cord Anchors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RZ350

Reaction score
Link to all my Gen II mods

Every now and then, I need to haul something on my back seat. Everyone knows the usefulness of bungee cords to strap things down, but I found some spots to mount the anchor points that work extremely well.

You could just hook the bungee cord onto various parts of the bike, but that generally results in scuffed paint before too long. I rarely carry a passenger so I located my bottom anchor points right in the end of the passenger pegs. There is a boss cast in just like the driver peg to mount the scuff bung, but unfortunately it’s not drilled and threaded like the front ones. I have means of drilling and tapping things so I just added the threaded holes and screwed the Bungee Buddies in.

4384101013_bd4d590f6f_o.jpg

4384863808_2a6dfacd76_o.jpg

For the upper mounts, I picked what I deemed to be a low stress spot to drill a 1/4” hole in the top case base plate. I know Yamaha has had problems with this plate (I have the updated version) so I was extra careful in choosing my spot.

4384863826_4211f93fa3_o.jpg

Some 2 foot long heavy duty bungees work perfectly. A criss-crossed pattern works well for small items while a parallel pattern works well for the wide things.

4384100955_d425792ba4_o.jpg

When not hauling anything, you can barely notice them stored in the parallel position. In this position, they are fairly loose so the paint doesn't get damaged. The passenger pegs still function as intended with a friend on board.

4384100995_8154716d2d_o.jpg

To answer a PM question so all can see it...

The Bungee Buddies came from Cycle Gadgets and the cords came from Lowes. I think Advance Auto Parts had some similar bungees. Some cycle dealers have the BB's in stock, but when I needed them, I couldn't find them locally.