How do I remove this from exhaust?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyfool

Reaction score
EDIT: I got it. Thanks for your help.

I haven't gotten my service manual yet (hopefully Monday), but I started to tear down my bike in anticipation of pulling the motor to fix the bent shift fork. I am only doing things I have either done before or have high confidence in doing. Thus far, I have pulled all the plastic, radiator, and much of the front end.

I am in the process of removing the exhaust and have a connector I am sure is an O2 sensor or the like. Anyhow, I tried to gently unscrew it, but it is going to take more effort than that. Since I don't have the manual yet, I want to make sure it isn't a welded piece or the like and I don't want to break it. So, is this safe to unscrew with the 22mm wrench?

exhaust.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can unplug the cable, from the other end, and leave the O2 sensor in the pipe with the cable hanging off of it. If you want to take it out it should unscrew. If it doesn't want to turn, you may have to heat up the bung with a propane torch.

I couldn't see how to unplug it, so I went ahead an unscrewed it. Came out no problem.