NAFO Logo/Graphic for 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top_Speed1

Panama Canal Crosser
Reaction score
Rick asked if I could design up a clean logo for NAFO '14. I do all my own graphics for my websites, run several proggies to accomplish the finished results (so don't ask wtf I'm using!) ;)

Rick's requirements are/were that he wants no actual images (for T-Shirt print-ability) and a unique clean design. Also mentioned that "Meet in the Middle" get incorporated. Well everybody has different tastes of course, so here's what I whipped up on my 1st revision. Comments welcomed, keep the sheep herding jokes to a minimum so we can progress through our revisions and get er done.

Thanks,

-KJ

REV1

NAFO_14_logo_rev1_zps1c5fa39e.jpg

I have FJR logo's on hand also, not sure about the added graphics (convolution wise) but can easily add one ...somewhere?.

I think it looks really good. Since you made the sheep reference you have made it very difficult to leave farm animals out of this comment.

Just a question with the thought of not wanting to see anyone write a big fat check down the road, do you need permission to use Yamaha’s logo?

Not bad KJ...I'd move the 2014 above NAFO, move LaCrosse, WI to the bottom, and fit th FJR 1300 logo in there.

just my .02

Not bad KJ...I'd move the 2014 above NAFO, move LaCrosse, WI to the bottom, and fit th FJR 1300 logo in there.
just my .02
Easily done, but then there is an imbalance (everything on top), I wanna keep the "Meet in the Middle" in the middle... I'll add an FJR logo...

Ease off you pelican fuker!!! He's just trying to make it a collectable like toas..

A bit of tweaking and I'd say you got it KJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the input so far but I'm having this topic closed until we have the logo sorted and ready for public consumption.

Now you can return to your regular sheep fornication topics
punk.gif

Let's play "move the shit around game"

ver 1.1

NAFO_14_logo_rev1-1_zps6af1198f.jpg

ver 1.2

NAFO_14_logo_rev1-2_zps43d07753.jpg

Edit: Just saw your post Rick, sorry, didn't know u didn't want input/opinions from the brains here. ;)

Ver 1.3

Get that logo fixed already. It's poking me in the eye every time I see it. :)

They all look good though the "FJR" on top is less busy. The only thing that looks a little off to me is "LaCrosse, WI" in italics. The italics messes up the left/right justification with "2014" below it.

Ummm, Top_Speed1, IIRC correctly, I think you are using the wrong logo. Yamaha Corporation, you know the Yamaha that makes pianos and other musical instruments uses a logo in which the tuning fork points remain inside the circle surrounding said forks. Yamaha Motor Company uses a slightly different logo in which the tuning fork points touch and slightly overlap the circle surrounding the forks.

Yamaha Company logo(musical instruments) Yamaha Motor Company logo

b1_logo_white.jpg
Yamaha-Logo.jpg

And the point is always up on the center tuning fork too...

Now for my completely horrible suggestions from an untrained eye...

Two changes for you to consider...

Number 1...Position the words "Meet in the Middle" exactly halfway between the Yamaha logo and the words LaCrosse, WI.

Number 2...Reduce the size of the FJR logo a smidge and place below the 2014 date at the bottom.

Otherwise I think it looks great...
punk.gif
But what the hell to do I know...I am just a bitter clinger living in flyover land.

Yamaha Corporation, you know the Yamaha that makes pianos and other musical instruments uses a logo in which the tuning fork points remain inside the circle surrounding said forks. Yamaha Motor Company uses a slightly different logo in which the tuning fork points touch and slightly overlap the circle surrounding the forks.
Yeah . . well . . everyone knows that.
blinksmiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.