Front Fender Extension for 2014 FJR (not ES)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ogopogo

Reaction score
As mentioned in my new member intro, there's 7km of dirt road between my home and pavement. I decided to order a front fender extenison, but different suppliers seem to have different ideas about what fits which years. This outfit says one size fits all. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Carbon-Fibr...ts_Accessories&hash=item3f390dd26f&vxp=mtr%C2https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fender-Exte...ts_Accessories&hash=item2ecb884996&vxp=mtr%C2

Does anybody know definitively that an extension that fits 2012 will also fit 2014 (non ES)?

Sorry to belabor the point, but I'd like to make sure that whatever I order won't be a problem.

Thanks.

but different suppliers seem to have different ideas about what fits which years. This outfit says one size fits all.
Does anybody know definitively that an extension that fits 2012 will also fit 2014 (non ES)?
Help us then. What specific fender extension are you referring? Link to the website saying that one size fits all?

I'm reasonably confident my Fenda Extenda from my Gen 1 is going to fit on my Gen 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
but different suppliers seem to have different ideas about what fits which years. This outfit says one size fits all.
Help us then. What specific fender extension are you referring? Link to the website saying that one size fits all?

I'm reasonably confident my Fenda Extenda from my Gen 1 is going to fit on my Gen 3.
Dang. I included two links and some other text in my post, but for some reason the first link and some text after it and the second link didn't make it through.

Here's a tinyurl to one that's for 06 and up. https://tinyurl.com/kb3n42b

This one says it fits all https://tinyurl.com/nwo2vqx

This one says 06 to 12, implying that it doesn't fit newer models. https://tinyurl.com/nncd4dz

There are three links in bold text showing above on my screen, hope they make it through this time.

It appears there must be something different with the fenders over the years, but maybe it's so minor that any extension fits any fender.

I ordered this one and used black abs glue to stick it on after removing the fender from the bike. Only took a few minutes of holding it together by hand. I only have about 900 miles on it so far, and all streets, no gravel. I'm hoping it sticks for a long time.

I ordered this one and used black abs glue to stick it on after removing the fender from the bike. Only took a few minutes of holding it together by hand. I only have about 900 miles on it so far, and all streets, no gravel. I'm hoping it sticks for a long time.
Made by Pyramid Plastics, see here. I phoned them, started to ask if the 06 fitted ... He interrupted me to say it fits the '13 and '14 as well.

On my '10 I used Bostik soft plastic cement.

(Click on image for larger view)

I took the mudguard off and used sandpaper to get through the paint sprayed on the inside before gluing. That was about 4 years and 30000 miles ago, in all the weather that the UK can deliver. It's still firmly stuck.

Don't expect complete protection. It certainly keeps mud out of the radiator, but the paint on the front triangular fairing beneath the radiator is worn through on mine (not very visible in this pic).

After a muddy run. The white just visible at the bottom of the triangular fairing is where the paint has worn through.

[edited to add pictures]

Thanks everyone for the great info..

I'll order the Pyramid model from Calgary.

If I wasn't so busy right now I'd fabricate one, either from some compound curve plastic or from scratch. Now that I think about it, it wouldn't be much of a challenge to lay up the graft portion on the inside of the fender, and the extended portion on the outside of an inflated inner tube. Adjustable plug!
smile.png

They do NOT all fit. I ordered one and they gave me a previous year (2005 and under) and it did not fit at all. Mine was from Pyramid. If you have a 2014 (it should fit 2006 and up) you need to make sure the number on the Fenda Extenda says 052200.

If there's less one zero at the end, it will not fit on a fender that is earlier than 2006.

If I wasn't so busy right now I'd fabricate one, either from some compound curve plastic or from scratch. Now that I think about it, it wouldn't be much of a challenge to lay up the graft portion on the inside of the fender, and the extended portion on the outside of an inflated inner tube. Adjustable plug!
smile.png
Make your own? You can do that? Your idea here might be a good one as you could make it long enough to do the job a little more effectively. I have often wished that my Fenda Extenda was a little longer. Wouldn't it be cool if SOMEBODY made one that was adjustable? Slide it down for that long trip down the mud road, then slide it back up out of sight for cruisin'.

Gary

darksider #44

smile.png
Make your own? You can do that? Your idea here might be a good one as you could make it long enough to do the job a little more effectively. I have often wished that my Fenda Extenda was a little longer. Wouldn't it be cool if SOMEBODY made one that was adjustable? Slide it down for that long trip down the mud road, then slide it back up out of sight for cruisin'.

Gary

darksider #44

I was thinking it might be more effective if it was wider and longer. I hadn't thought of making it slide. It would be easy to make it oversize, and then trim to suit. Long, long ago, I manufactured fairings. I used lots of little tricks to avoid having to create shapes from scratch. In those days endless filling and sanding was inevitable. Now one can draw and CNC complex shapes. A friend does 3d foam, he could whip out a rough plug in minutes if I drew it. Another option would be to use a 3D printer to create a plug. I'm in the middle of building a house otherwise I'd love to make a project out of this. But as soon as I get time, the first bike project I'd like to do is fabricate a parallelogram topcase rack. I had a universal one on my last bike. The topcase spent most of its time in the passenger position. When a passenger was on board, the rack could be swung rearward to the normal hanging-out-back position. At first glance, it appears it would be best to make a rack from scratch to replace the existing one. It would be metal tubing with an aim to keep the case tight to the seat, and as low and far forward as possible in the rear position. I'd also like to incorporate a grab handle that's farther forward, to provide better leverage when walking the bike.

Sounds like you've got an interesting background. Never ceases to amaze me... the multitude of amazing backgrounds we have around here. I know what you mean about building a house. It takes all your time every day. A daunting job, for sure. Doing the work yourself?

Gary

I know what you mean about building a house. It takes all your time every day. A daunting job, for sure. Doing the work yourself?
Gary
Our plan was to hire nearly everything out this time. Instead I got bogged down moving upwards of 1000 yards of fill. Getting back into riding has been a great stress reliever. We have some beautiful places to ride here, like this

which is also sometimes voted "worst" road in BC. Neighbor Harley owner hates it!
smile.png

Where are we "Murica guys supposed to order the Pyramid fenda extenda's.... Looks like a hugger for the rear wheel would be a good one to get as well, I'm planning out farkles for my 2015 if the color is right....

*****EDIT****** found it at Twisted Throttle

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/shop-by-bike/yamaha/fjr1300-13?brand=Pyramid+Plastics

How sad it it that I won't commit to a bike unless the color is right. You reading this Mama Yama ?!?!

...I'm planning out farkles for my 2015 if the color is right....How sad it it that I won't commit to a bike unless the color is right. You reading this Mama Yama ?!?!
I know one FJR owner that thinks white is the right color, what do you think the right color is? This may affect my decision to buy too......

...I'm planning out farkles for my 2015 if the color is right....How sad it it that I won't commit to a bike unless the color is right. You reading this Mama Yama ?!?!
I know one FJR owner that thinks white is the right color, what do you think the right color is? This may affect my decision to buy too......
Ya know - I don't really know..... I would love to see a dark metallic grey - I honestly love my Galaxy Blue, but just not a fan of the red for myself.... I have seen it in person and its really really sharp, very well done color red, just not for me....

Corvette has a Night Race blue that is really dark in color - I think is a pretty cool color but its not a huge stand out...

https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/attachments/stingray-corvette-wheels-tires/62d1358977708-stingray-corvette-renderings-hre-wheels-all-color-options-nighraceblue.jpeg

But this Dark Grey is damn sexy to me....

https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/attachments/stingray-corvette-wheels-tires/65d1358977778-stingray-corvette-renderings-hre-wheels-all-color-options-cybergreymetallic.jpeg

I do think that Yamaha was onto something with this color scheme but not in matte finish.

https://www.indomotorcycle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/2012_yamaha_yzf_r1_european_01.jpg

Clearly this is way off topic though.... Sorry OP....