• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: A few stock 1st Gen items - Mirrors, Seats, Luggage rack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at selling / trading the Bass Bote Blue Beauty in for a younger sister. But I'd want to return the bike to near stock before doing that (and sell off the good farkles I've collected separately).

The parts I'd like to buy for a reasonable price:

1st Gen seats, either stock or aftermarket. The Russells that I have are too good to just let go in a trade-in.

1st Gen stock mirrors - I'll be keeping the FZ1 mirrors for the next bike

1st Gen '05 (Galaxy blue) stock rear luggage carrier - I'll take off the Givi SR Rack and trunk that I have on it now.

If you have any of this stuff laying around, and wouldn't mind parting with it, please let me know.

Thanks

Fred,

I have a stock luggage rack with ten years of dust on it. We can barter for it.

Back one day and your tired of the old girl? I must hear of the discussion thats been rattling around your brain the last two weeks.

If you start a bike upgrade disease in the NERDS community, we're all toast.

Looking at selling / trading the Bass Bote Blue Beauty in for a younger sister...
Holy krap!!! Is this going to be a long term replacement or a place holder until you do something *different*? Got your eye on anything? There have been some really good deals on lightly used Gen I.

I'm with Russ on this one, my >100k mile FJR may need to move to a new home pretty soon so I can move on to a younger bike. Shhh, don't let my bike hear this.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have any interest in a seat swap, let me know. I have an '04, generally good condition. If you have any interest message me cost, etc..., and I can get you some pics. Thanks!

Hey Fred. I have it all, what are you looking to spend? Is it worth 200 delivered? I think I only have the drivers seat, no pillion. Lemme know what cha wanna do. Baz.

Fred,
I have a stock luggage rack with ten years of dust on it. We can barter for it.

Back one day and your tired of the old girl? I must hear of the discussion thats been rattling around your brain the last two weeks.

If you start a bike upgrade disease in the NERDS community, we're all toast.
Excellent. I'm sure we can come up with something to trade.

This is not a done deal yet, but I thought that I'd like to get my ducks in a row in case it does. I sold off my Jeep Wrangler (yes I know I just got it) and am thinking of buying a new two wheeler.

This Friday and Saturday MOMs has the demo truck. I'm going to be there first thing on Friday and try to test ride two bikes:

A 2014 FJR1300 A, and a 2014 Super Tenere (non-ES). I do not think that I really want the added complexity of the ES, though the USD forks on the FJR might be nice enough to make me look twice at that if they have one. They happen to have all three bikes in stock at the moment at MOMs, though I have no idea how their pricing is.

If one of those bikes tickles my fancy I may plunge into debt to buy it, and I would need to unload the B4 (at least). Might actually try getting my on a single bike if the Tenare is the choice.

Holy krap!!! Is this going to be a long term replacement or a place holder until you do something *different*? Got your eye on anything?
See above

Don't need enough stuff for the first guy, and already exchanged emails with the second one. That is not the seat I am looking for. But thanks, Pieman.

If you have any interest in a seat swap, let me know. I have an '04, generally good condition. If you have any interest message me cost, etc..., and I can get you some pics. Thanks!
Yes, that may be possible. I had thought of that also, but the timing may prove difficult. Let me figure out what I am actually going to do (I doubt that they will want to offer me enough to want to trade in) and I'll be in touch. I'll put some asking numbers together then.

I actually have a 3 piece set of Russell seats. The custom sculpted drivers seat and the custom sculpted rear passenger seat, and also a leather recovered "stock shape" passenger seat with gel and memory foam modifications inside.

What time Friday? I may have to witness this.
They say they will be running demos from 10AM to 5PM Friday and Saturday. We're committed on Saturday, so I figured earlier on Friday will probably be better, and will shoot for 10AM weather permitting.

But are you sure that you just want to "witness" it? Or are you thinking of dipping your feet in the water too? ;)

I'd be afraid what might happen if I rode a '14 FJR. May not tempt that. But I've alwys wanted to see what the Tenere feels like. And if there's an FZ09 in the demo fleet, well I might want to see what that's like too.

10:00 is too early for me (some of hafta work ya know), maybe more like 1:00.

Must resist.....must resist....must resist.... Fortunately, I think I'm locked in at work for the day, else it could get expensive :) I'll keep an eye on the weather jjuusstt in case.

Uhh, Fred, click >>this<<
I'm sure you have already seen it.
You beat me by a few minutes there.
smile.png

I have a stock front seat from my '05 that you can have. Let me know and I'll send it out.

Just called over to MOMs and they said:

Yes!! They will have both a 2014 FJR and a 2014 Super Tenere to ride this weekend.

Yamaha has only one demo truck. Which means a certain FJR Forum member may be on that truck!

No appointments are necessary nor even allowed. It's 1st come first served but you are only allowed to test 2 bikes. That's fine with me .

I'll be there tomorrow for sure! Woo Hoo!!