• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: A few stock 1st Gen items - Mirrors, Seats, Luggage rack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it looks like you may be meeting the truck around 1:00 or so drop me a line and I'll see if I can skip out around 12:00 and stop by. Spectator only.

I may go earlier if the weather is good. Wanna beat the rush, you know?

But you should probably try to swing by anyway and see if Skooter is there.

I'm planning approx 1pm visit. Hope I run into you, Fred.
Roads are wet right now after an overnight shower. Think I'll delay to late morning or noon time. Hope to see you up there.

Thanks Geezer! I'll let you know if I'm going to proceed with the upgrade after I get a chance to ride a Gen 3.
No problem. I also have the stock luggage rack. Same price.

An offer way too good to refuse. Thanks Geezer. PM sent.

Well, the demo truck was there, and SkooterG was leading the test rides around just as I suspected.

So I rode the Super Tenere. Nice bike, but honestly, foir that purpose I like my VStrom a wee bit better.

Also rode the 2014 FJR1300ES. I liked that a whole lot more. Much bigger improvement over my 2005 than I anticipated. No one sinmgle thing, but the whole package. I liked it so much that I plunked down a deposit on the last ES that they had in stock and will be picking it up next Friday!!

Woo Hoo!!
hyper.gif

Those demo rides can become expensive, congrats on jumping from the Genl to the GenIII !

I showed up while Fred was out for the test ride. How ironic it is that a feller from AZ comes out to lead a native around the convoluted New England roads. When Fred pulled into the parking lot bouncing up and down on the pegs, waving his arms with a grin that was spilling out of his helmet you could tell it was Fish ON.

Mighty fine bike ya got there Fred. It's going to be a long week next week :lol:

Yep hook line and sinker. And it wasn't a lip hook either, I swallowed the bait.

And now we'll be taking that Zonie bike destroyer out for some real New England seafood tonight.

Can't let ole' Skootie boy come through New England without sampling some of les fruit de mer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on the 14 Fred . Sometimes moving on is just the right thing to do. (and Skooter is and enabler......somebody should have warned you.)

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Very nice. It looks like there are going to be a lot of those red FJRs at future rallies.