2015 FJR Details?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fjrzrcool

Reaction score
Know I'm just getting antsy, but is there any info at all out there regarding the 2015 model and color(s)? When does Yamaha generally reveal the new year bike? Seems like we should be hearing something around now.

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Throttling all my sarcastic responses...

I did talk to our inside informant about this very subject recently. He of course was almost useless.
smile.png
I deliberately refrain from asking specific questions out of respect for him. I would not want him to feel uncomfortable deciding between lying to me or compromising his job.

While I was hearing rumors of a September announcement, there is a better possibility that the AIMexpo in Orlando in October will be used for the announcement. That would make sense so there is no reason to go by that.

I am afraid it may cost me some real money this time.

While I was hearing rumors of a September announcement, there is a better possibility that the AIMexpo in Orlando in October will be used for the announcement. That would make sense so there is no reason to go by that.
Yamaha released the info of the 2014's in September last year and with little or no changes expected other than color for 2015, I'd think within a couple weeks you should know what color bike you will be buying :)

Normally the FJR information is released in October. Some sneaky bustard is leaking that the only mechanical change will be to the output bevel gear and the gear ratio in the final drive. There will be some consolidation of the menu displays and pre load can now be selected on the fly. Yamaha is going to start offering a factory option for the seat and windshield size.

2015FJR1300a_zps9c0ff3ec.jpg

wink.png
Hope this holds ya until October, too bad April 1 didn't fall between then and now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bring back Galaxy Blue...the only color never to be repeated other than that 07 burgandy thing.

My bet is it will be black or silver.

Bring back Galaxy Blue...My bet is it will be black or silver.
After 10+ years with silver, I hope the '15 is anything but silver, 'cause it sure looks like I'm going to be riding a Gen III. I guess there is always the possibility of a lightly used '14ES next spring if the '15 is silver.

Normally the FJR information is released in October. Some sneaky bustard is leaking that the only mechanical change will be to the output bevel gear and the gear ratio in the final drive. There will be some consolidation of the menu displays and pre load can now be selected on the fly. Yamaha is going to start offering a factory option for the seat and windshield size.
2015FJR1300a_zps9c0ff3ec.jpg

wink.png
Hope this holds ya until October, too bad April 1 didn't fall between then and now.
Dis-ass-tah~!

Worst Werst color colour evha!

Haven't tried Liquid Graphite yet, with blue wheels..... like the FZ09

DAT Shit would be HOT !!

Do I really have to post ANOTHER pic of the FZ09 ?!?!

Hard to believe this has being going on since 02. My prediction is that there will be a 2015 FJR in some color that at least half won't like and once again no 6th gear.
smile.png

[img=[URL="https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/ionbeam/Jokes/2015FJR1300a_zps9c0ff3ec.jpg%5D"]https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/ionbeam/Jokes/2015FJR1300a_zps9c0ff3ec.jpg][/URL]

;) Hope this holds ya until October, too bad April 1 didn't fall between then and now.
That color is cool, but I've always liked green. It is cool, but I don't know that I'd wanna walk into the garage every day and think, "Dayum, I'm glad that's my bike." So...That would be a cool color to see in a venue like...this!! Lol :)

Thanks Alan for the photo.

Now I can preplan my leather riding gear and helmet purchases so they will color coordinate.

Status
Not open for further replies.