2015 FJR Details?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was truly wanting to know if anybody had heard any news about the upcoming 2015 bike, as I have the money ready to go and am deciding on whether to go ahead with a 2014 or 2015. Seems like there is a lot of info on other bikes for 2015 and thought maybe, just maybe, someone may have a lead to new info on the 2015 fjr.
This exactly the same sort of thing that goes on every year on this forum. If you're TRULY interested....then go read threads from the August-September time frame for 2013, 2012.....2011....2010...you get the idea. 99.9% is speculation...and 90%+ of this thread is the same as last year....or the year before...or the year before. We'll only know WHEN Yamaha releases the details on their website. And that website then will get posted about in 19 more threads.
Wow.... After this post I thought for a second that I had signed on to a BMW forum..... Glad we're all here and happy to help!
Stuff just gets old, year after year
And some of us are still new to this bike and this forum..... so it is new to us..!

Was truly wanting to know if anybody had heard any news about the upcoming 2015 bike, as I have the money ready to go and am deciding on whether to go ahead with a 2014 or 2015. Seems like there is a lot of info on other bikes for 2015 and thought maybe, just maybe, someone may have a lead to new info on the 2015 fjr.
This exactly the same sort of thing that goes on every year on this forum. If you're TRULY interested....then go read threads from the August-September time frame for 2013, 2012.....2011....2010...you get the idea. 99.9% is speculation...and 90%+ of this thread is the same as last year....or the year before...or the year before. We'll only know WHEN Yamaha releases the details on their website. And that website then will get posted about in 19 more threads.
Yes, I'm TRULY interested, but would never think to go hunting for info on a new "anything" by going to look at posts from 1, 2, 3, 4 years back. You must hate this time of year when complete idiots like myself ask such stupid, boring, ridiculous questions.

Thought perhaps someone, or someone that knows somebody with ties to Yamaha or a Yamaha dealer, might have some kind of info before it gets posted on the Yamaha website. Things like this do happen.

Again, apologies that my post got you so upset. Sometimes, and maybe even most of the time, a new bike purchase is started way before the actual delivery. New info, rumors, excitement on what might be......all good stuff when considering plopping down some big bucks.

May not respond on this thread for a bit as I ponder whether taking your advice and research my new 2015 FJR in the 2010 year for FJR's.

Not.

Wow.... After this post I thought for a second that I had signed on to a BMW forum..... Glad we're all here and happy to help!
Stuff just gets old, year after year
And some of us are still new to this bike and this forum..... so it is new to us..!
Totally agree! Hope I don't lose the excitement like some on this board evidentially.

Now now... newbs. Don't get yourself all in a dizzy. This here is the wild wild interwebs and people sometimes act rudely when they might not in person. Get used to it. It's actually pretty tame around here these days. And don't try posting those kind of questions on ADVriders or your thread will be in the basement before you know it. (not a nice place to be)

As for the original question, it has been answered earlier. You won't find out a a thing until next month. Yamaha is pretty good at keeping their secrets until they want the world to know. Sure, there are people that do know already, somewhere in Mamma's corporate structure, but they are sworn to secrecy under peril of termination if there is a leak.

See, marketing folks believe that forward production status leaks will cannibalize current sales. If they still have some '14's to sell, they don't want the world to know what's new with the 15's, even if it is just a new (or the same) color as some buyers may wait for the new one.

What they don't seem to realize is, if they do not sell every one of the prior year model early in the sales cycle, people are going to just "wait and see" anyway. Unless they are gob struck like me and just have to have that mother humper right now!
tonguesmiley.gif

Now, while we are waiting for Mammaha to announce the color and improvements for 2015, maybe we can move on to talking about something else, you know, something we actually have some information to talk about

Last edited by a moderator:
And that's why we're here happy to help YOU with perspective, history, search suggestions, and moral support in wading through the staggering and rich trove of 50,000+ topics in this forum's experience--ESPECIALLY the subjects that have been covered so many, Many, MANY, MANY times before.
punk.gif

Yes, I'm TRULY interested, but would never think to go hunting for info on a new "anything" by going to look at posts from 1, 2, 3, 4 years back.
You're short-sighted if this is an assumption or statement that you won't even consider it.

I think if all newbies (somebody with less than 100 posts) ACTUALLY spent 15 minutes scrolling through FJR Specific, and Parts and Accessories and 15 minutes in NEPRT before they post many threads--this forum would be an even much better place. And collaterally there would be far less frustration by medium and long-time members. I offer it as an invitation in these trying times of speculation before Yamaha announces something officially. Try it! Those <100 post count users that do, self-report to me via PM and you'll be rewarded with a small token of gratitude and completion.

608-00248431w.jpg

And perhaps folks that have been on here for so long that they feel it necessary to talk down to or belittle folks should wear a necktie at all times.....to keep the foreskin from crawling up over their faces. I hope that I never get to uptight to help a person interested in a motorcycle that I ride and can share that enthusism with....!

Do what you have to

Rexford

And perhaps folks that have been on here for so long that they feel it necessary to talk down to or belittle folks should wear a necktie at all times.....to keep the foreskin from crawling up over their faces.
So, that's a no to my invitation? That's fine. :)

Do you know starcruiser/downn2?

Yes, I'm TRULY interested, but would never think to go hunting for info on a new "anything" by going to look at posts from 1, 2, 3, 4 years back. You must hate this time of year when complete idiots like myself ask such stupid, boring, ridiculous questions.
When I read this, I was immediately reminded that I did exactly this a couple years ago when we were all itching to hear if Yamaha was actually going to produce a Gen 3. A few guys were asking this same question: Is something new coming? I posted up that I'd read something interesting in one of the moto-rags, and that by carefully examining their wording, they didn't really give us any more than their best guess. I got to enjoy some friendly ribbing about my post. No big deal. People were moaning and groaning about hearing the same question year after year: you know, "anybody heard anything?" It was recommended that we look back a couple years to see when Yamaha finally tipped their hand to release some info about the upcoming model year. So I gave it a shot. What I found was that by tracking through this forum for just when they did so each year for the last several years, I was able to guesstimate when they might do so in the fall of 2012: and it wasn't far off. It's good advice, and it's actually the only clue we have most of the time. Searching the forum archives won't answer the question, "What are they coming out with," but it will give ya a pretty good guess at "When they're gonna tell us." Yamaha holds their cards really close to their collective chest, and though it's not much to go on, it's the best we can hope for. It's not the same exact date every year, but typically sometime in mid-October.

There ya go.

Gary

darksider #44

Give Iggy a break!! He has a hostile work environment and he fighting the good fight in local government!! He is the mayor of his community that is going through the process of legalizing pot!! It is obvious he is not sampling the product!!

OTOH this is an internet board and we are adults. Both sides could have a little thicker skin. But if they want to blow up or get feelings hurt, who freaking cares. I belong to a football coaches board where people are ruthless and we know who almost everyone is. We bust each others chops without regard for health, humanity or conscious.

We ride 130+ HP cycles. Whining is embarrassing

I am really hoping that the color is a must have for all of you. I know I am NOT buying one. But the more of you that buy new ones will mean more used cherries out there for me to pluck in a few years!! So bring on the kick ass cash spending inducing colors for you all.

Am going to test ride a red 14 in the am (not sure why, as I've owned an 08 model...surely they haven't changed that much...?). So do we have 4-6 weeks before we hear anything on color of the 2015's.........?
Rexford.
Yes, they have changed that much. The difference between my Dad's very well setup customized, Power Commandered '07 Gen2 and the 2014 is astonishing. The 2014 ES is so far advanced over the already excellent Gen 2 that there is not much to compare. Every single aspect of the bike has been refined.

He really was trying to help. What he meant was that by studying history you might get a glimpse of the future.

Thought perhaps someone, or someone that knows somebody with ties to Yamaha or a Yamaha dealer, might have some kind of info before it gets posted on the Yamaha website. Things like this do happen.

Again, apologies that my post got you so upset. Sometimes, and maybe even most of the time, a new bike purchase is started way before the actual delivery. New info, rumors, excitement on what might be......all good stuff when considering plopping down some big bucks.

May not respond on this thread for a bit as I ponder whether taking your advice and research my new 2015 FJR in the 2010 year for FJR's.

Not.
He was not "upset". Ignacio "upset" is a very difficult and unhappy person. Again, what the man was trying to tell you was that if you went back and read this same exact thread for practically every year, you would see the same wild speculation, the same questions and the same sarcastic responses. You would also get a pretty good feel for about what time of year Yamaha releases that information.

And perhaps folks that have been on here for so long that they feel it necessary to talk down to or belittle folks should wear a necktie at all times.....to keep the foreskin from crawling up over their faces. I hope that I never get to uptight to help a person interested in a motorcycle that I ride and can share that enthusism with....!
Do what you have to

Rexford
I hope you buy a BMW. Or a Kawasaki. Or a damned Ural. When someone is trying to offer you good advice and all you see are negatives it is probably because you are a negative. You may not have sense enough to go away on your own but we have extensive experience dealing with folks like you.

Holy Shit...RFH is on a roll. Are you practicing your witty sarcasm 'cuz I'm going to see you?? Whatever it is, keep it up.
punk.gif

FJRzrcool,

No apology's needed. Someone had to ask it's getting that time of year again. Dam, that's the nicest Iggy's been in a long time. Kudo's to Iggy for keeping his cool.

Good night all, I will check back in tomorrow for the latest. Love the Green Feejer. One can only hope.

See ya!

Thanks to the folks who had calm, constructive thoughts and advice to my "newb" question. Appreciate it.

Looking forward to the 2015 model - whenever it may be.

When I read this, I was immediately reminded that I did exactly this a couple years ago when we were all itching to hear if Yamaha was actually going to produce a Gen 3. A few guys were asking this same question: Is something new coming? I posted up that I'd read something interesting in one of the moto-rags, and that by carefully examining their wording, they didn't really give us any more than their best guess. I got to enjoy some friendly ribbing about my post. No big deal. People were moaning and groaning about hearing the same question year after year: you know, "anybody heard anything?" It was recommended that we look back a couple years to see when Yamaha finally tipped their hand to release some info about the upcoming model year. So I gave it a shot. What I found was that by tracking through this forum for just when they did so each year for the last several years, I was able to guesstimate when they might do so in the fall of 2012: and it wasn't far off. It's good advice, and it's actually the only clue we have most of the time. Searching the forum archives won't answer the question, "What are they coming out with," but it will give ya a pretty good guess at "When they're gonna tell us." Yamaha holds their cards really close to their collective chest, and though it's not much to go on, it's the best we can hope for. It's not the same exact date every year, but typically sometime in mid-October.

There ya go.

Gary

darksider #44
Gary, Thank you very much for a mature and respectful answer (Pay attention Redfish...). That actually explained the reason for following the previous posts on the new model release dates.

I am not these other folks you are asking about and have no clue to who they are. I will always try to be respectful as long as I am treated the same way, sorry learned that from my Grandmother and the military. Will not ever change. I do go to rallies and if someone has a problem with me, I am more than happy to discuss issues at that time.

Again, thank you all for your insight and I will be seeing you folks when I pick up my new FJR.....

LMFAO...if some people rode more and posted less, they'd probably learn something about the FJR and motorcycle riding in general.
bike.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.