2015 FJR Details?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that it's going to be red again, only this time they will include red in lieu of the silver side panels too. I would bet money on this guess.

I'm kind of with you, Iris. The red '14's are selling very well, especially the ES's. It is hard to find one at a dealership to buy. There certainly will not be a flood of '14 leftovers as has happened in some prior years.

There will always be a segment of the population that doesn't care for a particular color, but sales performance history does not lie.

Trying a different tack and pin it temporarily in the FJR Specific Discussion...hoping it will minimize the number of times that people that blow into the forum and try and restart the same thread.

My opinion is it will be red again, slight price bump, more ES available, minor changes otherwise.

Yamaha really really needs to make a Hello Kitty version. I'm sure that would get the females (and some males) into the showroom!

Ray

Once again it has commenced. The annual what’s it gonna be for next year thread. Dam I wish it was Friday.

questionmark.gif
questionmark.gif
questionmark.gif
questionmark.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We are all wrong in choosing a single color. Yamaha is going to two-tone the 2015 with a white or black base color. Galaxy blue and white

OR galaxy blue and black.

... All done for ME.

Just want to say that I apologize to those that think my original post was "unneeded, recurring, useless, insignificant, ongoing, etc etc". Guess I'm not familiar with the proper way to act here. Was truly wanting to know if anybody had heard any news about the upcoming 2015 bike, as I have the money ready to go and am deciding on whether to go ahead with a 2014 or 2015. Seems like there is a lot of info on other bikes for 2015 and thought maybe, just maybe, someone may have a lead to new info on the 2015 fjr.

Not sure why Friday has anything to do with my post, but maybe glad I didn't post then?

Anyways, seems like some folks have an opinion on the subject other than being upset by the question.

No harm intended on my end other than to be looking for info on a major purchase.

Just want to say that I apologize to those that think my original post was "unneeded, recurring, useless, insignificant, ongoing, etc etc". Guess I'm not familiar with the proper way to act here. Was truly wanting to know if anybody had heard any news about the upcoming 2015 bike, as I have the money ready to go and am deciding on whether to go ahead with a 2014 or 2015. Seems like there is a lot of info on other bikes for 2015 and thought maybe, just maybe, someone may have a lead to new info on the 2015 fjr.
Not sure why Friday has anything to do with my post, but maybe glad I didn't post then?

Anyways, seems like some folks have an opinion on the subject other than being upset by the question.

No harm intended on my end other than to be looking for info on a major purchase.
I wouldn't think 2 deep into this. You're good with your Q, and being new I don't know what all the bickering is about.

Friday is BS central day here.

Good luck with your new bike purchase :)

Was truly wanting to know if anybody had heard any news about the upcoming 2015 bike, as I have the money ready to go and am deciding on whether to go ahead with a 2014 or 2015. Seems like there is a lot of info on other bikes for 2015 and thought maybe, just maybe, someone may have a lead to new info on the 2015 fjr.
This exactly the same sort of thing that goes on every year on this forum. If you're TRULY interested....then go read threads from the August-September time frame for 2013, 2012.....2011....2010...you get the idea. 99.9% is speculation...and 90%+ of this thread is the same as last year....or the year before...or the year before. We'll only know WHEN Yamaha releases the details on their website. And that website then will get posted about in 19 more threads.

I too am in the position to purchase now, but would really love to see what the color is going to be on a '15. Am going to test ride a red 14 in the am (not sure why, as I've owned an 08 model...surely they haven't changed that much...?). So do we have 4-6 weeks before we hear anything on color of the 2015's.........?

Rexford.

I doubt 500 of those bikes are all available at dealers right now. More like the dealerships will take your order (and your deposit) and get you one... sooner or later. Maybe.
wink.png

Was truly wanting to know if anybody had heard any news about the upcoming 2015 bike, as I have the money ready to go and am deciding on whether to go ahead with a 2014 or 2015. Seems like there is a lot of info on other bikes for 2015 and thought maybe, just maybe, someone may have a lead to new info on the 2015 fjr.
This exactly the same sort of thing that goes on every year on this forum. If you're TRULY interested....then go read threads from the August-September time frame for 2013, 2012.....2011....2010...you get the idea. 99.9% is speculation...and 90%+ of this thread is the same as last year....or the year before...or the year before. We'll only know WHEN Yamaha releases the details on their website. And that website then will get posted about in 19 more threads.
Wow.... After this post I thought for a second that I had signed on to a BMW forum..... Glad we're all here and happy to help!

I too am in the position to purchase...Am going to test ride a red 14 in the am (not sure why, as I've owned an 08 model...surely they haven't changed that much...?...
Everyone is an individual with personal tastes, but IMO, the ES has changed that much.

Wow.... After this post I thought for a second that I had signed on to a BMW forum..... Glad we're all here and happy to help!
Stuff just gets old, year after year

I doubt 500 of those bikes are all available at dealers right now. More like the dealerships will take your order (and your deposit) and get you one... sooner or later. Maybe.
wink.png
My dealer in Rochester NY has a '14 ES on the floor. They may have more, never asked, but this seems to be the norm for dealers. The FJR is not a huge seller vs. their other models anyway ...at least by my dealers (re)actions; when I inquired about the new FJR and how sales were/are..

Status
Not open for further replies.