2015 FJR Details?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2015...Triple 1400, weighing 500lbs.

Optional extended forks for those that want to have the highway pegs, apehangers and sissy bar.

Metal Flake Orange.
Well, now that we know the answer to the original question we can let this thread die. Whew.

We need new members, stick around, you'll get use to the grumpy old men on here :)

U could always show up to our next Rally/Meet with this (prob wouldn't recommend going across any borders however)....

I'm pointing to a stack of TNT

army_hd_zps51bfd491.jpg

Settle down you crotchity old pricks !!!

We all get a bit excited this time of year - and since last two years yamaha is pushing out a serious upgrade to our platform I think the FJR has gain some serious traction in the ST realm.... I'm hot on the list for upgrading my 05, so I'm just as much to blame with all the hype... been a long time since I bought a new toy.....

That being said - went on a couple hundred mile journey, stopped at the Yamaha dealer to interrogate someone about the new color. Walked in - I'm looking to buy a new FJR1300 - guy didn't see me ride in on my 05, he says - how about this Blue 2012 zero miles... Yeah I already got a blue one..... uhhh oh - ok... Told him that if he figured out the new color before I did I'd buy a bike from him LOL.... light a fire under his @$$....

Anywho, had a great time talking with the guys whom are all younger so you never really get any excitement from them about the FJR.... So we headed on our way....

Did someone mention Ural... ?!?!? this was sitting outside the dealer, had to take a peak... then off to eat up a full tank of gas !!

IMG_20140826_123717.jpg

IMG_20140826_123802.jpg

Optional extended forks for those that want to have the highway pegs, apehangers and sissy bar.

Metal Flake Orange.
Well, now that we know the answer to the original question we can let this thread die. Whew.
So we're hopin' that this thread, or the idea that everybody's wanting to talk about what's comin' in October... has hopefully got one foot in the bucket? Hmmm... me thinks some of our posts might indeed be seen in the same light. At the rate I'm going, I'll have one foot in the bucket myself soon enough.

I say bring it on, and do so year after year. It's tradition around here. I mean Jeez, many of us are certainly curious about what's-a-comin'. So our annual grunting and growling about what Mama Yama's doing in October gives us something to do for a few minutes each day when we peruse this forum. We even have some fun chewin' on each other during the process. It's all in good fun, or at least that's the intention. I get that. It's sorta like a fall ceremoaningal around here (misspelling intentional). So I'd like to go on record that I'm hopin' that this thread, and the one that'll get started up about this time next year, and the year after... continue along unimpeded.

LONG LIVE OUR FALL FOLLIES.

Besides, it gives us all a little chance to get away from the job and the family, where we gotta say the right thing and be politically correct or professional or whatever -- and just be ourselves. Ha, do ya remember that one feller who said, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt?"

SO WHY NOT REMOVE ALL DOUBT? It's like I used to tell my dad when I was just a little feller and he used to threaten to put me in the garbage can. I'd proudly proclaim, "I'm not skeered."

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Flake Orange.
So we're hopin' that this thread, or the idea that everybody's wanting to talk about what's comin' in October... has hopefully got one foot in the bucket? Hmmm... me thinks some of our posts might indeed be seen in the same light. At the rate I'm going, I'll have one foot in the bucket myself soon enough.

I say bring it on, and do so year after year. It's tradition around here. I mean Jeez, many of us are certainly curious about what's-a-comin'. So our annual grunting and growling about what Mama Yama's doing in October gives us something to do for a few minutes each day when we peruse this forum. We even have some fun chewin' on each other during the process. It's all in good fun, or at least that's the intention. I get that. It's sorta like a fall ceremoaningal around here (misspelling intentional). So I'd like to go on record that I'm hopin' that this thread, and the one that'll get started up about this time next year, and the year after... continue along unimpeded.

LONG LIVE OUR FALL FOLLIES.

Besides, it gives us all a little chance to get away from the job and the family, where we gotta say the right thing and be politically correct or professional or whatever -- and just be ourselves. Ha, do ya remember that one feller who said, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt?"

SO WHY NOT REMOVE ALL DOUBT? It's like I used to tell my dad when I was just a little feller and he used to threaten to put me in the garbage can. I'd proudly proclaim, "I'm not skeered."

Gary

darksider #44
You make a good point. I actually enjoy the guessing game about what is to come in the next model year. The problem with this thread is that it has too much bravado and hurt feelings. If we drop all the 'who said what' and 'who insulted whom' then it would be fun.

As a FNG (see my paltry post count?) I would like to make these statements:

1. To the OP, fjrzrcool: Dude, Yamaha Motors is big business. Anyone who really knows is not gonna tell. Speculation is all you are gonna get -- here or anywhere else.

2. While speculation is fun to some folks, it isn't to a lot of regulars on this board, especially those who already love their FJR and couldn't give a rip what's coming in 60 days.

3. This board is composed of some smart folks. (Which I appreciate.) Some of those folks have sharp wits. (Which I also appreciate.) Some of them have sarcastic tendencies. (Which I appreciate to a certain degree.)

4. This board is also composed of some serious motorcycle riders, as in bunches of them with three-digit IBA numbers.

5. Smart people with sharp wits can lay down serious smack when riled. Especially when they think you haven't thought things through before speaking. That usually riles people with lots of experience, too.

6. Poke around on the various NEPRT (Never-Ending, Pointless ... etc) threads and see what you come up with before hitting your RETURN key. My favorite forum is the 'Long Distance Riding/Iron Butt' section -- lots of wisdom there for the small price of reading.

7. Don't take it so seriously when you get to be the butt of the joke. Everybody takes their turn there.

8. Friday is the "BS" day; "BS" because the perversity and profanity on this board have been almost completely removed from Friday's banter. (Which I miss, but understand why it was done -- again, because I read a bunch of old stuff, and that particular thread is reeeeeaaaaalllllyyy long.)

9. I sure hope the 2015 isn't red, because I'm a Georgia Tech boy, and I am NOT riding a red motorcycle. If so, I'll be plunking down my money on a 2013 and giving up the adjustable suspension.

Hugs and kisses,

Uncle Hud

hoping for a yellow and black color scheme to mirror the racing livery, but will take anything except red

edit: DAMMIT! Apparently the racing livery is no longer yellow and black. Must've happened during my afternoon nap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yellow and Black sound good as long as it isn't in bumblebee stripes. I vote for Black/Black as in the '09, the only color that stopped me dead in my tracks when I saw it in the showroom. Miserable to keep clean but it looks good. In less than a couple of months the color will be announced along with whatever technical advances are doled out for the new model and then the real whining will start. Just like it has every year, or at least from 2009 when I first started looking at the FJR. Provides lots of entertainment during the long Seattle winter months
smile.png

<as posted on another thread -- so shoot me>

Local dealer (Mountain Motorsports, Marietta) said 2015 FJRs will be in his showroom "in the middle of winter". Your interpretation of that is as good as mine. He did not indicate anything about color(s) or new feature(s) might be on this crop of bikes.

Sigh. Santa? Santa? Can you hear me, man? I've been a really good boy this year ..........

^^^^^ Love the purple pants, really, I do. See y'all in November at Bobby Dodd. Bring your crying towels.

I know the color had better be awesome. I was on the lot of a GMC dealership today and found myself reading the sticker of a 2015 Sonoma Red 2500HD Denali 4WD Duramax. $62,230 for all that GMC goodness.

The salesman told me all about the "great deal" they could make me and all about the "top dollar trade in for your old truck".

When he was done, I said, "It's really nice but I am about to buy a new motorcycle."

I sure hope I did not lie to that man.

I'm not buying a new FJR until it comes covered in AstroTurf like this beauty.....
[img=[URL="https://yamafitter.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/2010-CFR/i-fxSQSKJ/0/L/DSC_0015-L.jpg%5D"]https://yamafitter.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/2010-CFR/i-fxSQSKJ/0/L/DSC_0015-L.jpg][/URL]
Why is it when I see this pic me anus itches?
Because you spent the night with him?

And the 2013 owners who can't go above 80 mph.

I was looking for this thread earlier today in the hopes of seeing the new color scheme.

Red is out for me.

Two things:1) It won't have a sixth gear.2) The cruise limit will be raised to 120mph driving the 2014 owners nuts.Dan
I'd be fine with both of these. No sixth gear required and I never CRUISE above 100 mph - above 80, hell yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.