Grip ID help needed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henwil

Reaction score
Hi Folks!

I bought my bike with these grip covers installed, but after 30k miles they have some thin spots and probably need to be replaced. Can someone please tell me which these are from the pics. I like them and would like to just get the same again.

They are about 1/8" thick and have no seam.

Thanks!

1913377_10152745937972152_3226700013600495971_o.jpg

10539174_10152745938022152_5848618997402508735_o.jpg

Thanks George! Yes, they do.

I see they are available from Amazon for $23. Any better place to buy them from?

There seems to be other brands that are less expensive, but maybe not as good.

E.g. 'grab on grips' that are just over $11.

I have no problem paying $23 for what I have :)

Here is the size you want for the Yamaha....
https://www.amazon.com/Grab-Grips-Grip-Cover-1-25in/dp/B000WJAH5M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411606285&sr=8-2&keywords=grab+on+grip+covers

I pretty much use a set every other year, sometimes one tears - I'll have a couple sets on hand and replace one at a time if one tears...

They are exactly the same product as Grip Puppies....
I did order the grips through Amazon and they do look the same as what I had.

Very happy for <$12 delivered :)

Does anyone know how these grip puppies work with the heated grips my '13 has. These look comfy, the stock grips are slightly small for my hands. If anyone could advise me I would appreciate it, if not I'll spend the $23 and check it out myself, thanks.

Does anyone know how these grip puppies work with the heated grips my '13 has. These look comfy, the stock grips are slightly small for my hands. If anyone could advise me I would appreciate it, if not I'll spend the $23 and check it out myself, thanks.
They work just fine with heated grips. No need to spend $23, the ones at $12 are excellent.

They work just fine with heated grips. No need to spend $23, the ones at $12 are excellent.[/quote Thank you, and $12 is better.

They work just fine with heated grips. No need to spend $23, the ones at $12 are excellent.
+1

hmmm they look similar to the grab on ones i have. yeah they were super cheap but i gave them a try. I actually had them on my previous motorcycle for a while and now there on my current ride.

easy way to install grip puppies/other similar. Take some good electrical tape, ie: 3m 33+ or 1700 temflex or = in Plymouth or other.

wrap about 1 1/2 turns around the grip on the bike & leave about 6" pigtail on each end. Spray soapy water on both the tape/grips that are on

the bike & on inside of the foam grips. They will slide right on, maybe a little twist is needed BUT twist with the direction of the tape

you wrapped on the existing grips. Then gently pull the tape pigtail until all of the tape is gone, if you break it pull from the other end.

about as easy as it gets and you do not have to pull on the grips with the possibility of ripping them. OK now comes all of the what a smart

mother fucker I am, however I must admit this idea was a result of looking at 3M cold shrink. bla bla & saco un flaco taco.