Broken Admore Lighting 5-Pin Connector

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomInPA

Reaction score
I am looking for an economical answer to replace the 5-pin connector on a Givi E55 Admore Lighting Kit. The connectors used by Admore are pretty fragile and use thin male pins in a connector that goes through the case and connects to a keyed female connector that goes to the bike's lights, brake and turn signal connections. Well, over the years removing and putting this connector, I bent and broke the pins, so it is pretty useless. The kit sold by Admore is $50.

I'm sure I can find a substitute connector and make solder connections to the existing harness and save a few bucks (hey, I'm unemployed). Anyway, this 5 Kit 5-Pin for $15 is the closest I have found, but it won't attach nicely through the case. So I thought I'd prevail on the genius of this forum to maybe point me to a better connector and save me a few bucks.

Seriously, $50?...
no.gif

1h5mr-e55-600x600.JPG

Admore has excellent customer service. Have you considered contacting and asking them if they will replace it gratis?
I sent an email and will let you know the results. All I need is the 5-pin round panel connector. The $49 Y cable is a pretty complex piece, and I don't need that. I have seen some additional panel connectors in the $6 plus shipping range that might do the trick. This 5-pin male female connector kit on Ebay for $2.99 and free shipping looks pretty good.

If you look at the pins Admore uses, they are really fragile and hard to key in. I have used heavy duty pins on things like audio and radio components that would really stand up to the kind of abuse that happen on a motorcycle. It's something they should consider.

%24T2eC16h,!)!E9s2fD)HvBRezwe4lyQ~~60_12.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Luckily my Admore kit has a three pin plug. Same fragile construction, not really suited for much of any hard use.

I repaired it the cheap frugal way and used a flat three-wire connector, with wiring run out of the bottom RH side of the V46.

Looks like a square 6 wire connector is available...not very elegant but works.

--G

Edit - Found a five-wire connector too.

The E55 case has full function lights, so the Y-cable has 2 ends with 3-pin connectors, and the main connector at the case is 5-pin. It holds up for a while, but straightening a bent pin breaks them. The connector is the weak link in an otherwise good product, and $50 to repair it with another fragile connector seems like a bad idea.

Well I got my answer from Admore, and it's pretty much what I expected. I'll be soldering my own connectors. If I'm the only one who has broken these small pins, fine, but I would really like to see a more durable connector being used.

Sorry to hear of your damaged LED55-T-TS kit. Unfortunately the connector pieces for these cables can not be bought separately. The manner in which we manufacture these wires the connection adapters are integrated into the wire and they cannot easily or securely be replaced

This is actually a pretty tough connector to select. You really want a low profile bulkhead jack and a matching low profile plug to minimize how much clearance you need under the case.

The 5 pin DIN items that you found are a good selection, though probably not very watertight.

You might want to try paging through the Amphenol catalog.