Spring PNW Tech Meet #14 - May 2nd

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday May 2nd at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system
Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)
TBS
PAIR system block off
Various electrical and electronic additions
Brake system flush - please RSVP this
Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, pizza, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.
Niehart +2
Beamer Reamer & Mrs.
escapefjrtist
Hudson
Panman
Ahchiu

Barabus & Mrs.

Ignacio

JamesW

redneckj

SeattleTy

blufjr

gbrmksmith

BillJr2013

Salish1300

n2osx

wingshot

sportsguy

RoadTrip

Chazglenn3

BobbyBlue

WHS

dennisJ

JohnnyB

dagwood

Fontanaman

blubyu

BritRider

Paramonkreel

Greysabor

Irish Phil

allrider +2

timla

chiefblueman

JimieJimie

Dave K

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks in advance Bryan...always a great day!
punk.gif

--G

Count me in. Always a good time. Will try to bring the new FJ-09. Seen here with winter muffs at 1600 miles. I did my first 500 mile day today. Very good, love this new FJ.

bFoZ0SJ.jpg

Count me in. Always a good time. Will try to bring the new FJ-09. Seen here with winter muffs at 1600 miles. I did my first 500 mile day today. Very good, love this new FJ.[img=[URL="https://i.imgur.com/bFoZ0SJ.jpg%5D"]https://i.imgur.com/bFoZ0SJ.jpg][/URL]
Nicely done Ken!
Windshield looks to be Brazilian...

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Will talk to the wife, hopefully we can make it up. Maybe even do my forks while up there. I have a list of things to do to my bike and I need to figure out my popping/feeling like it's running on 3 cylinders under load issue before making the trip up North to see you guys.

Congratulations Bryan on the huge accomplishment. Placing the date in the family calendar and will see if it can outlast wife's schedule changing. Thus, pencil me for now.

Unfortunately I have a conflict with a trip to Kamiah, ID that I lead every year. I announced the date a month ago (same weekend as last year) and so many riders have already made plans and reservations its too late to change. I need to do a better job coordinating my calendar next year but hopefully can make the fall Tech Day.

Sorry about that Steve, it had more to do with my calendar this year. Between school and a planned trip to Alaska at the end of the month.