Spring PNW Tech Meet #14 - May 2nd

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New to FJR's. Don't know what I don't know. Wouldn't be planning anything for my stock Gen III (non ES) but will likely leave with a list of things that I didn't know I needed before Tech Meet #14.
smile.png
If you aren't too picky about the company you keep I'd love to come help where I can, watch and learn. Bikes I've owned over the years have been dealer serviced.

New to FJR's. Don't know what I don't know. Wouldn't be planning anything for my stock Gen III (non ES) but will likely leave with a list of things that I didn't know I needed before Tech Meet #14.
smile.png
If you aren't too picky about the company you keep I'd love to come help where I can, watch and learn. Bikes I've owned over the years have been dealer serviced.
You've got mail

Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday May 2nd at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.
Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, pizza, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu

Ignacio

JamesW

redneckj

SeattleTy

blufjr

gbrmksmith

BillJr2013

Salish1300

n2osx ?

wingshot ?

sportsguy

RoadTrip

Chazglenn3

BobbyBlue

WHS

dennisJ

JohnnyB

dagwood

Fontanaman
list is updated

Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday May 2nd at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.
Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, pizza, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu

Ignacio

JamesW

redneckj

SeattleTy

blufjr

gbrmksmith

BillJr2013

Salish1300

n2osx ?

wingshot ?

sportsguy

RoadTrip

Chazglenn3

BobbyBlue

WHS

dennisJ

JohnnyB

dagwood

Fontanaman
list is updated
Don't forget me! :)

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/162015-spring-pnw-tech-meet-14-may-2nd/?p=1212557

I'm actually going to be in town during a tech meet!
punk.gif

Hello everyone. I'm planning on attending the Tech meet on 5/2.

I have a set of canyon cages I would like to install with a little help.

Could you please PM me directions.

Thanks

I'd love to come as well if that's alright with everybody.
Plenty of room

Hello everyone. I'm planning on attending the Tech meet on 5/2.
I have a set of canyon cages I would like to install with a little help.

Could you please PM me directions.

Thanks
I have cages on mine as well as several others do. We will be able to help. Bring a roll of painters tape with you to help protect body panels.

you have mail

Last edited by a moderator:

Grounding system

TBS

PAIR system block off

Fork rebuilds

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart +2

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu

Ignacio

JamesW

redneckj

SeattleTy

blufjr

gbrmksmith

BillJr2013

Salish1300

n2osx ?

wingshot ?

sportsguy

RoadTrip

Chazglenn3

BobbyBlue

WHS

dennisJ

JohnnyB

dagwood

Fontanaman

blubyu

BritRider
List is updated

I'm interested. Live in Newcastle. Have an 06 regular with 25k miles. Bought with 23k on Turkey Day. Been using for a commuter. Any recommendations on what I look into? Bike seems to be running fine except light burning smell, and I'm sure the brakes / tires / fluids will need a look by May.

I'm interested. Live in Newcastle. Have an 06 regular with 25k miles. Bought with 23k on Turkey Day. Been using for a commuter. Any recommendations on what I look into? Bike seems to be running fine except light burning smell, and I'm sure the brakes / tires / fluids will need a look by May.
You've got mail

Just realized that the Grizzley's tent sale is the exact same day in Bellingham. Tho it's at 8am. Looks like I'll be there around noon or 1 if I make it. Lol, Newcastle -> Bellingham at 5am -> Newcastle (hopefully with car full of mill) -> Auburn on feejr that afternoon.

Well my friends, it does not look we will be making it. We will be up in Seattle the weekend before. We have never really gotten a chance to mosie around Seattle, so we are taking a long weekend and staying up there in a Timeshare looking for things to do.

The bike is sitting at home with the top of the motor waiting on new valve shims. Hopefully I will get them tonight or tomorrow and have her back together. Hoping to have her ready to ride up to Seattle if the weather works out.

Last edited by a moderator: