foot shift lever

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnkrkr4lif

Reaction score
I wear a size 13 steel toe work boot while riding to and from work. Its kinda hard sometimes to fit my boot between the peg and shifter. Is there such a thing that I can bolt to the lever to make the peg a little further out?

Not sure about that, but others have suggested a buddy with a good welder that you can use to do it yourself. Also might want to search for a thread involving adjusting the shift lever. There's an inch or so of total movement. You might be able to raise it up enough to fit that clown shoe under it easier :p And welcome to the forum!

Raise the shift lever to the upper mark or a bit further. You could also try lowering the pegs with MCL brackets. If you don't attack the twisties they won't hurt ground clearance too bad...

Panman has some size 13 gunboats, you might PM him for other suggestions.
cool.png

--G

I pulled the brake lever and moved it CCW (down) one tooth on the splined shifter shaft. You could do that with the shifter, but using proper riding boots is the better solution.

I adjusted the shift lever to the upper limit the first week I had the new-to-me '06, and it made a huge difference in how it shifted. I wear service boots or harness boots.

I usually wear riding boots, but there are some days where my job location requires me to have the steel toe boots on

Adjusting the shifter was the very first thing I did to my 2014 when I got it home. I found that it felt best when set several mm above the top reference line on the frame. Later, afraid that there is some safety or other functional reason for the reference marks being placed there in the first place, I moved the thing back to even with the top line. It is still a snug fit for my Sidi On Road boots, after awhile I got used to it.

I heard somewhere that steel toe boots are not safe for motorcycle use, apparently some have had front of foot injuries caused by the steel plate pinching when the boot got flexed in a crash. Better than shower shoes, though.

Mine was toward the bottom of the adjustment range from the factory. Raised it to the top. Hard to hit downshifts for a day or so, then I forgot about it and it was just like I never changed it. Got used to the difference instantly.