2016 Red Lodge Rendezvous! June 23-26th the Schnizel!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
Rendezvous in Red Lodge the last weekend in June, June 23-26, 2016Beartooth Pass, Chief Joseph Parkway, Greybull Canyon, Ten Sleep Canyon and Pass, Burgess Junction, Yellowstone, etc, lots of great roads to ride and sights to see. After looking at the various venues and their proposals I have decided that we will base the 2016 Red Lodge Rendezvous at the Chateau Rouge.

11_09_09_facade_new-L.jpg

Image courtesy of BeemerdonS

\Chateau Rouge is not your typical "Motel" but rather is a "Lodge" comprised of 2 Bedroom Condo's and Studios. I chose the Chateau based upon their overall cost per bed (see below) as the other respondents were way more expensive overall or were expensive and could not accommodate the entire group.The Chateau Rouge has set aside 6 studio's and 10 of the two bedroom Condos for our use, more can/will be added once these are booked.

The Studio arrangements are all pretty much the same; either a King or a Queen Bed and either a Sofa Bed or a Futon The Studios rent for $125 + $13.50 tax per night.The Two Bedroom Condo's all have One King and then they begin to diverge; some have two twins in the second bedroom, some have a second King, some a Queen, Most have a Sofa Sleeper downstairs in the living room. A few have 1 1/2 baths, a Full bath upstairs and a 1/2 bath down.Most just have the full bath upstairs.
The rates for the Condo's are $155.00 + $16.50 Tax.Most of you are no strangers at arranging for room shares etc. Both the Studios and the Condo's have fully equipped kitchen's.There is a enclosed or covered Pool and a Hot Tub on premises.The Local Lions Club will provide our Saturday Night Steak Dinner for around $25 per person. It will either be at the Chateau or in the Lions Park downtown. The park is more than a mile from the Chateau so I'm working on either a shuttle or doing it at the Chateau.

I encourage you to call John or Mary Kay Gilligan, the Resident Managers, at 800-926-1601 to make your reservations. Mention that you are with the FJR Group when you call!

This is filling up like Spearfish did last year, get your rooms booked soon!

I don't make a dime out of this.

Please Post your room reservation details and attendance in the following thread. https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/166302-2016-red-lodge-attendance-list/page-2?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I have my first vacation ride plans figured out for next summer. WoooHooo! This will be my third time riding out of Red Lodge and I am stoked.

An early morning solo hot lap on the FJR up to the Top of the World. I had the road to myself and had the time of my life.

Enjoying Bears tooth with the wife riding her Harley and me on the 999.

Hope they get the town put back together by then. It seemed like one giant detour when we were there this year

Dates saved, now to save the money.:) :)

Town was together, Beartooth withstood a FESTAR led assault. Many pirates and a few Beemers were embarrassed, then doubly so as Iver was riding with his lovely wife and most understanding Pillion! One of the Beemer riders came over after breakfast in Cook City and complimented Sharon on her Pillioning!

I had the opportunity to stay in Red Lodge for the first time during my Cross Country trip last month... Beautiful area!!!! I loved Beartooth Pass... one of the best days of riding I had!!! :D

0716151044.jpg

0716151059_hdr.jpg