• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

MotoPort Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny80s

Turtle Gears
Reaction score
UPDATE - Call Wayne Directly and put in your order. He is compiling the list now since we had many people on two different forums participating. 1-800-777-6499

[SIZE=18pt][/SIZE]

Update - All items qualified for the 15% discount!

I am in the process of buying new gear from MotoPort. I was in the showroom today talking with Wayne and asked him if he would do a group buy for the FJR Forum. He said he would give us 15% off if we could get 20 people to buy Kevlar gear.

We have to buy 20 of an item to get the discount. We do not need to order the same models but they do have to be Kevlar.

For example if we buy 20 jackets we will get 15% off. If we also buy 20 pants we will get 15% off the pants too. If we buy 20 jackets but only 10 pants then we will only get the discount on the jackets.

UPDATE When we get to 10 of an item there is a 10% discount when we get to 20 of an item the discount is the full 15%.

You can order Jackets, Pants and Gloves. I have just purchased all three and Wayne was nice enough to count me as number 1 in the group buy. Now we just need 19 more people. This is a great opportunity to save money on the best gear out there.

Once we get 20 people together I will take the list of forum handles, names and phone numbers to Wayne and he will call you to get your order.

I want to clarify this - I will go to Wayne with our forum handles, names and phone numbers once the group buy closes. Remember we need to get 20 pants, 20 jackets and 20 gloves to get the full discount on everything. If we get 20 pants, 15 jackets and 20 gloves on ly the pants and gloves get the discount.

Send me a note if you need clarification.

1 johnny80s - Jacket, Pants, Gloves

2 RsvlFeej - Pants

3 Pierre - Air Mesh II Pants ( jacket & pants liner )

4 Silent - gloves

5 7xray - gloves

6 Geezer - gloves

7 BentAreo - pants

8 raymond jacket and gloves

9 MCRIDER007 pants

10 DeweyIsGod - jacket

11 jzzmusician gloves

12 christoph - jacket and pants

13 nycjdc - jacket and gloves

14 kraher - jacket, pants and gloves

15 fencer - pants and jacket and 2 gloves

16 neoice - jacket, pants, gloves

17 Warchild - gloves

18 dougc - gloves

19 KimR - pants 2

20 mbabc - gloves

21 cbyrantsmith - pants

22 ngarider - gloves

23 buf2phx - gloves

24 johnyaeger - pants and gloves

25 BikerGeek99 - gloves

Totals - Jackets 8, Pants 13, Gloves 18

edit - Great link about Motoport gear in a crash from ADVRider.

Last edited by a moderator:

2 RsvlFeej - Pants

Totals - Jackets 1, Pants 2, Gloves 1

Sounds like a great deal, put me on the list for a pair of stretch kelvar pants.

This might be a good time to get Eve those stretchy jeans! I'll ask her.

15% is a pretty sweet deal. If I didn't already have the whole costume...

Ask Wayne why he doesn't make boots....

2 RsvlFeej - Pants

3 Pierre - Air Mesh II Pants ( jacket & pants liner )

Totals - Jackets 1, Pants 3, Gloves 1

Dayum... If I didn't already own a full suit. If you can get enough people for the gloves, I might be perswaded to pop for a set.

I got my Ultra II mesh jacket a little over a year ago, and got my Ultra II Air Mesh pants a little over a month ago. Maybe you should see if Wayne will give you credit for my purchase (towards the 20), even though I don't want any money back. My name is Mike Peck, the shipping address is Fremont, CA. He'll probably remember it more because I had him ship on my fedex account, in the middle of August, 2009.

I love the gear by the way!

The pants are great! I was worried because I'm large, and an odd size...and they turned out great! Easy to get into and out of, and I did the full armor (including Sacrum) and upgraded it all to Quad Armor. Got the suspenders as well. The only thing I wish for, is access to back pockets...I keep my work-badge/door-key in my wallet, and the armor prevents having access...I have to open the front and stick my hand down in the back. Looks like I'm diggin in my arse or something...glad I don't have to see anybody do it!

Best part, though, is it lets me wear shorts to work again! (No, I wouldn't go commando as, I think it was Bustanut, suggested.)

When I was riding to through Sacramento and on up to Redding and north from there to Idaho, it was really surprising how even in 95-105 temps, the gear didn't make it any worse. And, spraying water from a drink bottle on the gear while riding really made it ok. I think I'd have been more miserable in the heat if I hadn't had the stuff on.

Obviously, I'm very very happy with the stuff, and highly recommend it.

Just curious here, The link to motport doesn't open for me.... So I googled it and it brings up few choices but they still won't open.

Site down ?

It's top of the line gear as most who have worn it will tell you. I like my Motoport mesh better than I like my Aerostitch Roadcrafter

It's half-up.... page tries to render, but displays errors up the ass.

Kinda unprofessional.... they should redirect to a "coming soon" page, vice displaying errors and database pathing.... :huh:

It's half-up.... page tries to render, but displays errors up the ass.
Kinda unprofessional.... they should redirect to a "coming soon" page, vice displaying errors and database pathing.... :huh:
They don't seem to technical over there and the company they are dealing with obviously are not to great. Good thing they make motorcycle gear and not web pages.

Good on you for organizing a group buy. I had a very difficult experience dealing with Wayne (detailed on my blog, I won't get into it here) and while I don't recommend his business, his kevlar air mesh pants are awesome and have no equal among commuter gear. I wrote a review on the kevlar gloves if anyone is interested.

If I may make purchasing recommendations to anyone: unless you live close by and can walk in for a fitting, order the off the shelf sizing. Two main reasons:

1) Chances are, Wayne's standard sizing will fit you if you have the build of an average American

2) You may return it. If he alters your gear past a certain point, he doesn't usually accept returns. This is to keep him from getting a pile of useless altered gear returns and going out of business.

Because Wayne did a nice thing for me and accepted my mesh Kevlar jacket I won't reiterate the problems I had, but I did want to pass along some helpful tips for those of you considering ordering from him.

I have a pair of gloves that shipped Wednesday and are supposed to be in the mail today. If you can get them to count toward the requirement, I'd be happy to call or email on behalf of fjr brethren even if my discount is too late.