• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

MotoPort Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FOR SALE !

By the way, I have a pair of Kevlar pants Air Mesh II for sale.

Size is 2XL, they are almost new, they do not fit me.

They come with the quad armor.

Really good deal on this, New $ 398.00, asking $ 225.00

Does your "For Sale" listing explain your problem and who you think they might actually fit? If not, can you reply with that info and link to your "For Sale" listing, to get this topic back on track? Maybe somebody could pick up your pants and a matching jacket through the group buy...and some gloves. The gloves rock!

I've been wearing this gear every day for over a year now, in and out of it at least 2x daily.

All zippers still zip, all seams are still strong. I've not washed it, cause I like the stink factor.

Long story short - I no longer wear any other gear.

My gp2 pant is on the way dangit!!!!!!! I wonder if Wayne would make that retroactive?

The MotoPort website is getting stranger and stranger. <Link> seriously <clicky> right now <MotoPort>

I'm interested, but I need more info. Otherwise it's off to Olimpia for me.

Hi Ho, Hi ho, it's off to Olimpia I go.

I'm done with FirstGear. Their zippers suck! (unless you like to stop first to use them), but I need tall sizing. I'm curious about the MotoPort, but I need more info.. !

All I have is this one photo of dcarvers riding gear:

chain_mail.jpg

(pui)

I need to get on their website. I currently use the Airmesh II jacket and am thinking of updating to the style Toecutter has. This would be the best time to take advantage of the deal.

Does your "For Sale" listing explain your problem and who you think they might actually fit? If not, can you reply with that info and link to your "For Sale" listing, to get this topic back on track? Maybe somebody could pick up your pants and a matching jacket through the group buy...and some gloves. The gloves rock!
Bought them from someone on the Forum, jacket is large and pants 2XL. I tought that Wayne frrom Motoport could downsize them to fit me. At first we were talking of $ 49.00 but after I send him the pictures, there is much more works to do, so price is fix at $ 150.00. I better buy a new one.

According to Network Solutions, the domain registrar, Motoport USA is still the registrant for the "motoport.com" domain until 2013. I'm not sure what's happened to Wayne's website. Perhaps the folks hosting his website are having problems...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could afford some of this goofy-lookin' gear.
You're goofy enough as is, Sir. :fuck:
For those close enough to ride in, do it. Have Wayne make a custom suit to fit your body. He charged me nothing extra for this, but I did have to make an appointment and ride 300 miles (ooo-waaahh) to make it happen. I'm very glad I did.

Another testimonial from ADVrider:

I was convinced that Motoport was the way to go after a riding buddy hit a deer early last summer while riding two-up.
50 mph cruising, deer shot out of woods and rider hit it straight on, never even had time to crack the throttle, much less slow or take avasive action.

Pillion was instantly spit off the bike. Rider held onto the death wobble for a 100' or so before being ejected.

Pillion was wearing jeans and a nice Hein Gerrick textile coat. Pilot was wearing one-piece Motoport suit.

Hein-Gerrick coat destroyed, burned thru coat, burned thru elbow pad, burned into elbow. Owww! (her legs didn't fare quite so well in jeans)

Motoport suit burned thru outer portion in one spot, torn/abraided in a few others. Pilot did not have a mark on him. (BTW, this was a very old motoport suit)

After seeing first hand what was left of their gear (and the bike) I ordered a Air Mesh Kevlar jacket, so now the three 'textile' coats I already have are dust collectors.

I think I'll be joining that FJRiders group buy to get some pants.

I updated the list.

They are changing hosting companies right now and if you ask me the new one sucks worse than the old. They can't even get a under construction page posted.

If you ride in they will measure you to see what size you are. They can make some changes to things to fit you better. This is what I did since I am only 25 minutes away. If you are not even close to any of their sizings there is a custom charge of $400. Usually this is for the Los Robustos sized guys as they don't fit the patterns they have and need to be custom measured.

OM - with your history I think you definitely need a set of this gear. I have heard that it really helps cushion riders when they are rolling down cliffs. :D