• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

MotoPort Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 johnny80s - Jacket, Pants, Gloves2 RsvlFeej - Pants

3 Pierre - Air Mesh II Pants ( jacket & pants liner )

4 Silent - gloves

5 7xray - gloves

6 Geezer - gloves

7 BentAreo - pants

8 raymond 2 jackets

Totals - Jackets 3, Pants 4, Gloves 4

edit - Great link about Motoport gear in a crash from ADVRider.
I registered here for the discount. Please count me in for a jacket and gloves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for a jacket and pants if we can qualify for the discount. Please send me an email when its time to order. Thanks!

Just wondering, would this also apply for a modification?

I'd like to have some work done to my jacket (SPOT strap on the shoulder).

Just wondering, would this also apply for a modification? I'd like to have some work done to my jacket (SPOT strap on the shoulder).
Hey Don, did you ever look into getting the mods done to zip the jacket and pants together (after Tyler's accident?)

I have to add my $.02 I'm sorry if it comes across as bashing but I don't think I'd be a responsible forum member if I didn't bring this up.

If you're considering the Hi-Viz option you need to seriously consider your riding habits and requirements. My Ultra II Hi-Viz is looking particularly crappy after just 15 months and about 19K miles. You can see images in this thread.

Wayne has been no help with this. His only explanation for the fading is that I've washed the jacket several times (and followed the care instructions). He says that mine is the only one of several dozen from a given roll of material to have this problem so it can't be defective. I asked if he would cut me a deal on another color and offered to send him mine so that he could have it inspected and perhaps find the problem. He generously offered me a 15% discount.

If you're like dcarver and can take the stink factor then you may be o.k. Likewise a touring windscreen or rainy climate might make it possible to own a synthetic suit without washing it. Me, I can't take the smell after several thousand miles and several thousand bugs. On occasion my cubemates have expressed that they can't either.

If you're considering Hi-Viz riding apparel you should know that Aerostich had similar fading problems and offered their customers replacement jackets at no charge. That's quite a statement about their commitment to safety. Best of luck with the group buy. I'm afraid my next HiViz will be from the boys in Duluth.

FjrVfr

Jacket

+

Gloves

please, add me to list. when their website is back up i can be specific about models.

many thanks.

when their website is back up i can be specific about models.
many thanks.
To see some details about Wayne's products, google Motoport, then when you have the sub-pages etc found by google, click on kevlar products. Once you get the "oops" thingy that the page is broken click on the first option, "view cached copy of page from google". Voila :)

This is for the kevlar products

https://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:...evlar_Products

From there just click on what you want to see, then again on the cached page from google.

PHONE NUMBER: 1-800- 777-6499 . Hope that helps.

On another note, Johnny80s, please put me down only for a jacket, I can't buy the gloves, sorry...

Today I rode briefly with Motoport gloves of a friend of mine, and it's not going to work for me. The material lets waaaay too much air thru. Apparently they work great for someone who has fully covered handguards. I have the dirt style, a bit of plastic on the aluminum bar. Up here, Quebec, I will not be able to use them more than a month, and even then just in the afternoons.

Anyhow, I started a thread for the group buy on AdvRider So far there's interest for a pair of gloves and a jacket.

Hey,

Put me down for a full suit - jacket, pants and gloves.

Thanks!

when their website is back up i can be specific about models.
many thanks.
To see some details about Wayne's products, google Motoport, then when you have the sub-pages etc found by google, click on kevlar products. Once you get the "oops" thingy that the page is broken click on the first option, "view cached copy of page from google". Voila :)

This is for the kevlar products

https://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:...evlar_Products

From there just click on what you want to see, then again on the cached page from google.

PHONE NUMBER: 1-800- 777-6499 . Hope that helps.

On another note, Johnny80s, please put me down only for a jacket, I can't buy the gloves, sorry...

Today I rode briefly with Motoport gloves of a friend of mine, and it's not going to work for me. The material lets waaaay too much air thru. Apparently they work great for someone who has fully covered handguards. I have the dirt style, a bit of plastic on the aluminum bar. Up here, Quebec, I will not be able to use them more than a month, and even then just in the afternoons.

Anyhow, I started a thread for the group buy on AdvRider So far there's interest for a pair of gloves and a jacket.
I will delete your gloves and add a jacket. The site seems to be down totally right now.