HealTech Quickshifter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool!

Unnecessary, of course but when has that ever stopped anyone?

Not sure if I would spend $300+ for something like this but I would love to try one out.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks, Kaleria. I'll save my money for gas, but your videos are always helpful.

It's on my wish list
smile.png

I know its not the same thing at all, but I've got that on my ZX6R - works great, easy to install, cool little bluetooth app for adjusting the settings. And you can move the control module from bike to bike if you're cheap frugal and only have to buy the harness and sensor kit for only about $100 per extra bike. Really well thought out product...

Tested that feature when test riding the 2017 BMW at Sturgis. Kinda freakish, but easy to get used to, thinking I still prefer the clutch action.

I rode my friends 2015 BMW GS for the last couple months while I performed "heart surgery" on my '05. I found myself still using the clutch on his bike simply because it made the shifting less brutal between 1st and 2nd. In the upper gears the quick shift was smoother. Probably not something I'd necessarily add to mine.

Apples and oranges. The older BMW systems on the 1200s are clunky. Not all are. The current BMW Assist Pros are butter smooth, as are Ducati, as is this Healtech on the FJR.

I test rode a BMW S1000XR and it was incredibly smooth up and down - even into first from second. Reminded me of driving an Audi with DSG gearbox. Absolutely amazing...

The boxers are heavy flywheel engines, so I could see them being rough in the lower gears.