FJR Forum Alps Extreme M/C Tour; August 8-15 of 2012.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, Tim Horton's now have a Tim Card just for losers ...

500028_l_1.jpg

Whenever on the road in the less civilized portions of the world I pack my own ...

10002509_l_1.jpg

FIXED!

^^^^^ Don, FJRob1300 is going to RadioHowie you right in the sac for that. :nono:

Brian Burke has just signed our FJRob1300 for the new Leafs goalie. I have already gone ahead and booked you & Old Micheal a spot on the 2013 Leafs Stanley Cup Parade bus.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^ Don, FJRob1300 is going to RadioHowie you right in the sac for that. :nono:

Brian Burke has just signed our FJRob1300 for the new Leafs goalie. I have already gone ahead and booked you & Old Micheal a spot on the 2013 Leafs Stanley Cup Parade bus.
Hey the Big Guy should be happy, I just sent him one of these eh! I also sent one out to Old Michael, eh Hoser!

https://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/standings My PHX Coyotes are nipping away at the LA Kings' heels right now, eh!

500016_l_1.jpg

Many thanks for sharing this with us David, I'll move it over to AZ Beemers Forum with your kind permission. I know your friend Dr. Bob Flanders would like to see it also, we sure wish you could meet up with us this upcoming August in the Alps-Dolomites!

Please share it with anyone you wish. I think I gave you a DVD with this and other alpine rides on it. Copy and pass on to other participants as well.

As much as I would like to join you I do not return from my Japanese trip (I'm no longer coming to NAFO :( ) until the 7th of August so have a great time. You might even have a wurst and beer on top of the Stelvio for me

I know you Alps Extremists are queerer than a 3-dollar bill over your GPS's, Dumbasses! Saw this on BMW MOA Forum from dude 987: Using Navigator IV in Europe!

So I recently arrived in Stuttgart' date=' Germany with my 11' R1200RT. Took a little time to get all the appropriate license, insurance, and registration done. Tried riding without the GPS and found it rather difficult to get around without taking wrong turns and burning a lot of time trying to find my way around. Finally got my City Navigator Europe NT disk in the mail and boy what a difference. Loaded it onto the Navigator IV and mapped out a drive through the Black Forrest close by. I'm finding it very easy to get around without getting lost and able to find my way around rather nicely. Honestly, I was uncertain if the Navigator IV would function correctly in Europe. Taking a Navigator IV unit purchased from the U.S. and loading the Europe software worked just fine. Very pleased with the overall quality and functionality of the unit. It appears to be rugged in design and weather proof. Purchased in early 2011, I hope to get many years of good usage out of it. Just putting in this plug as I very pleased with the overall results. Ciao![/quote']

I know you Alps Extremists are queerer than a 3-dollar bill over your GPS's, Dumbasses! Saw this on BMW MOA Forum from dude 987: Using Navigator IV in Europe! ...
If all goes well I will soon have a copy of City Navigator Europe 2012.40 that I will have loaded up on my Montana 600. BeemerDons being the Luddite that he is will have virtually no comprehension of anything I just stated. Having said that I would have more faith following Don in Europe than Bungie into his own backyard.

"I know you Alps Extremists are queerer than a 3-dollar bill over your GPS's, Dumbasses! Saw this on BMW MOA Forum from dude 987: Using Navigator IV in Europe! ..."

If all goes well I will soon have a copy of City Navigator Europe 2012.40 that I will have loaded up on my Montana 600. BeemerDons being the Luddite that he is will have virtually no comprehension of anything I just stated. Having said that I would have more faith following Don in Europe than Bungie into his own backyard.
I really hate to admit this in public due to having laughed at GPS for decades now, but I am actually attempting to learn the workings of the BMW Motorrad Navigator IV (Garmin) that came standard on my 2012 BMW K1600GT.

The ionbeams and Papa Chuy are riding Arizona the next few days together, Alan and Helen are here on vacation. I am going to have Alan give me a tutorial on this Garmin GPS, since my illegitimate bastard Son SkooterG is totally worthless and completely incompetent as a GPS Instructor/Trainer! If successful, I will also buy City Navigator Europe 2012.40.

Just imagine, BeemerDonS as a Techy Geek like Bungie! I am still bringing along my collection of Alps/Dolomites maps with me. I actually think that I have a copy of a map of Bungie's backyard around here someplace!

"I know you Alps Extremists are queerer than a 3-dollar bill over your GPS's, Dumbasses! Saw this on BMW MOA Forum from dude 987: Using Navigator IV in Europe! ..."
and

I really hate to admit this in public due to having laughed at GPS for decades now, but I am actually attempting to learn the workings of the BMW Motorrad Navigator IV (Garmin) that came standard on my 2012 BMW K1600GT.

The ionbeams and Papa Chuy are riding Arizona the next few days together, Alan and Helen are here on vacation. I am going to have Alan give me a tutorial on this Garmin GPS, since my illegitimate bastard Son SkooterG is totally worthless and completely incompetent as a GPS Instructor/Trainer! If successful, I will also buy City Navigator Europe 2012.40.

Just imagine, BeemerDonS as a Techy Geek like Bungie! I am still bringing along my collection of Alps/Dolomites maps with me. I actually think that I have a copy of a map of Bungie's backyard around here someplace!
Talk about queer!!

A dog as old as you will never learn this new trick. I feel sorry for your poor illegitimate step-son SkooterG for even attempting to try to beat a dead horse like you into pushing the on switch. It won't be long before Professor Ionbeam will feel like banging his head against the wall.
banghead.gif

I am thinking very soon to pay the remaining ammount that still owning on this trip. The invoice that I got doesn't have the new discounted price. What is everybody else doing? Should I phone Tracy and get the new amount?

I am thinking very soon to pay the remaining ammount that still owning on this trip. The invoice that I got doesn't have the new discounted price. What is everybody else doing? Should I phone Tracy and get the new amount?
Mi Tomaso, if you would por favor call Tracy and get a ruling on this it would be much appreciated, saves her from getting a dozen different phone calls; Muchas Gracias. Besides Bill would want to just talk about GPS's with her, eh! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Just got off the phone with Tracy and she said you pay what your invoice stated and depending on the total number of people that went you will get a refund after the tour. I also asked her if she took Canadian Tire Money...... but I don't think you guys need to know the answer.

Just got off the phone with Tracy and she said you pay what your invoice stated and depending on the total number of people that went you will get a refund after the tour. I also asked her if she took Canadian Tire Money...... but I don't think you guys need to know the answer.
Thank You, Tom! I went back and read my original letter from Rainer Buck in Mieming, Austria and Tracy told you the same thing that Herr Buck had said: Discount later!

I plan on putting the final cheque in the mail next week. I have to go over to the credit union and do some fancy financial maneuvers first to make sure the cheque does not bounce like an indian rubber ball.

I'm also wondering about power for heated gear and / or GPS. Will the bikes have a BMW / Powerlet type plug or should I pack a long extension cord??

I plan on putting the final cheque in the mail next week. I have to go over to the credit union and do some fancy financial maneuvers first to make sure the cheque does not bounce like an indian rubber ball.

I'm also wondering about power for heated gear and / or GPS. Will the bikes have a BMW / Powerlet type plug or should I pack a long extension cord??
+1, Gunny; My check is also in the mail and I promise not to.............

If you rented a BMW, THE WORLD'S GREATEST MOTORCYCLE, it will have a Powerlet type plug on it for heated gear; fuck that GPS shit!

As far as Triumph and the other makes go, I would send an e-mail to Tracy or I can have Uri call over to Austria; Herr Schumm is our "Official" German Translator, since he grew up with Deutsch as his first language.

Uri can also translate Hebrew, Yiddish, Spanish and English; I think that it is so cool that my Riding Buddy Schumm can switch gears so easily between five languages. But he cannot speak Canuckistani, eh Hoser!

Don,

I'll be here until Monday if you want to spend some time programming the GPS. I'm not an expert, but I can show you the basics" waypoints, routes etc.

I don't speak Yiddish.

Let me know...