FJR Forum Alps Extreme M/C Tour; August 8-15 of 2012.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don,

I'll be here until Monday if you want to spend some time programming the GPS. I'm not an expert, but I can show you the basics" waypoints, routes etc.

I don't speak Yiddish.

Let me know...
BackRoadBob, I will take you to a brunch on Friday if you will teach me the GPS basic's. I have our route to Castlegar, British Columbia laid out on my Rand McNally map, it would be so cool if we can load that onto Gisele's GPS. I mean how damn hard can it be, if that dolt Bungie can do it! If we do need Yiddish, I owe Uri a meal anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,

I'll be here until Monday if you want to spend some time programming the GPS. I'm not an expert, but I can show you the basics" waypoints, routes etc.

I don't speak Yiddish.

Let me know...
BackRoadBob, I will take you to a brunch on Friday if you will teach me the GPS basic's. I have our route to Castlegar, British Columbia laid out on my Rand McNally map, it would be so cool if we can load that onto Gisele's GPS. I mean how damn hard can it be, if that dolt Bungie can do it! If we do need Yiddish, I owe Uri a meal anyway!
I can meet you at your place. Whatever time works for you is fine.

Don,

I don't speak Yiddish.

Let me know...
BackRoadBob, WATCH OUT!!!

This is a trap. His own illegitimate step-son, SkooterG, Professor Ionbeam & others have all tried to teach this drunken Irishman (I know drunken Irishman is redundant) how to push the on button to no avail and have given it up as a completely futile exercise. If you insist upon attempting the impossible then I can only suggest taking along a 10 lbs sledgehammer as a learning tool.
headbonk.gif

I can't understand Bungie since he speaks that funny Sudbury dialect. It's sort of a dumbed down version of Newfie. He is still working on his Newfie drinking though ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzQadza_vlA

Don,

I don't speak Yiddish.

Let me know...
BackRoadBob, WATCH OUT!!!

This is a trap. His own illegitimate step-son, SkooterG, Professor Ionbeam & others have all tried to teach this drunken Irishman (I know drunken Irishman is redundant) how to push the on button to no avail and have given it up as a completely futile exercise. If you insist upon attempting the impossible then I can only suggest taking along a 10 lbs sledgehammer as a learning tool.
headbonk.gif
Is the sledgehammer for Don or the GPS?

Is the sledgehammer for Don or the GPS?
Take the sledgehammer away from Don when he tries to use the sledgehammer on the GPS and then use the sledgehammer on Don.

You do realize that if you have any success whatsoever you will forever be known as the Don Whisperer. Are you OK with that??

Don,

I don't speak Yiddish.

Let me know...
I can meet you at your place. Whatever time works for you is fine.
Bob, let's meet tomorrow Friday the 27th at 1100 hours for lunch at Serrano's Restaurant in downtown Chandler. You know that due to my religious dietary beliefs I am strictly required to eat Mexican food on a daily basis, I simply cannot break my Holy Vows.

https://serranosaz.com/ Location is 141 S. Arizona Ave. and the phone is (480) 899-3318. I also will invite along my totally worthless illegitimate bastard Son GreggieM!

Will see you there.
So yamafitter are you showing up for lunch, I'm buying!
You are giving me exactly 1 hour to make it from Toronto to the Blast Furnace in the Desert. Even my superior AE is not that fast. This is the kind of invite that puts you in the same league as RadioHowie.

By the way I will put a big star on my calendar if you actually learned how to use the on button on the Navigator IV (BMW's overpriced version of a Zumo 665).

Will see you there.
So yamafitter are you showing up for lunch, I'm buying!
You are giving me exactly 1 hour to make it from Toronto to the Blast Furnace in the Desert. Even my superior AE is not that fast. This is the kind of invite that puts you in the same league as RadioHowie.

By the way I will put a big star on my calendar if you actually learned how to use the on button on the Navigator IV (BMW's overpriced version of a Zumo 665).
Item Number One: Yes, RadioHowie did teach me that trick. It worked so well on BikerGeek99, I figured I would just run it out on you too! Ha, ha.

Item Number Two: Just this past Monday HotRodZilla and Patch308 called me a "Big Fat Irish Prick" up in Alpine, Arizona! Now just two hours ago BackRoadBob and SkooterG both called me a "Big Fat and Thick Irish Prick", this nasty comment seems to me to be an echo around here.

However, I did program in the way to my home from Serrano's (a whopping two miles) and I have programmed in tomorrow's ride with My Miss Donna to The Orchards Inn in the Sedona Red Rocks.

Old Bungie Boy ain't got nuthin' on Papa Chuy Viejo, ese! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Item Number One: Yes, RadioHowie did teach me that trick. It worked so well on BikerGeek99, I figured I would just run it out on you too! Ha, ha.

Item Number Two: Just this past Monday HotRodZilla and Patch308 called me a "Big Fat Irish Prick" up in Alpine, Arizona! Now just two hours ago BackRoadBob and SkooterG both called me a "Big Fat and Thick Irish Prick", this nasty comment seems to me to be an echo around here.

However, I did program in the way to my home from Serrano's (a whopping two miles) and I have programmed in tomorrow's ride with My Miss Donna to The Orchards Inn in the Sedona Red Rocks.

Old Bungie Boy ain't got nuthin' on Papa Chuy Viejo, ese! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
Per Item 1 - RadioHowie has taught you well though I'm not sure how he was able to get anything to sink into that cement block you try to pass off as a head.

Per Item 2 - Did BackRoadBob leave muttering to himself never to put himself through that much anguish again?? By the way when they called you a "Big & Thick Irish Prick" it was not the compliment you think it was. It was probably more of a statement of their level of frustration.

I don't believe for one nanosecond your preposterous claim that you programmed a route into the Navigator IV. I think BackRoadBob probably felt sorry for you and did it for you when you weren't looking. The only way I will ever believe you capable is if you broadcast this feat on UStream or I see it in person at NAFO.

As they say - No pics ........... never happened.
tongue.gif

Tune in tomorrow for Papa Chuy's episode of LOST IN SPACE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG0ochx16Dg

Actually, we taught Don to push the "Go Home" button and he went home.

One step at a time....

If you would all send me your addresses, I will help Don program them, so he can visit at any time!

Actually, we taught Don to push the "Go Home" button and he went home.

One step at a time....

If you would all send me your addresses, I will help Don program them, so he can visit at any time!
You the man!!!!!

Now when Don is even more annoying than usual we can safely send him home.

My address is Resolute, Nunavut in the Great White North. Don can come and visit with my neighbours, the Polar Bears.

WATCHFORICE.jpg

https://www.roadbikerides.com/ride/view/sella_ronda_loop/865 This is from one of those fruitcake overtly gay bicycle websites, but the map is excellent for our day ride out of Levico showing the famous and infamous Sella Ronda Loop. The nice thing for GPS Experts like myself is that I can download the GPS waypoints so yamafitter won't get lost; I don't have much hope for our SacramentoMike though!

This is the Beer Tent in the Village of Erding outside of Munich, Germany that we will be drinking beer at on the nights of August 8th and 14th; I know that yamafitter and Sacramento Mike are really looking forward to this!

get-attachmentaspx.jpg