#1 Judd

Judd

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • 2004 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

I don't really want risers as the height of my 04 FJR is just fine, it's the angle that bothers me. Is there anything out there that would allow me to rotate the ends of the bars forward a bit?
Daily driver and sport touring rig- 04 FJR{10.89@127mph in the 1/4 mile!}. Adv touring rig- Suzuki DL650, 2 inch lift and mud-grips baby! Have a XR650L as my dual sport mount. States visited on two wheels- http://s563.photobuc... on two wheels/
Endeavor to Preservere,,, I reckon so.

#2 SacramentoMike

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts
  • 2005 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Well, yes and no, so you can at least have hope that your search isn't doomed to frustration. I bought a pair used here on the forum some years back and they do what you want, although the also raise the bars about 3/4". I found this site that shows them, but they're very hard to track down; I've looked for other sources for them and found lots of dead-ends. By the way, they do fit my '05, so they're also ok for your '04.

I wanted them to pull the bars way back toward me--much more raked than the stock look. Mine are so far back, in fact, that they're sometimes a little hindered by my tank bag, but I really like not having to reach and lean for the grips. They rotate through maybe 30-40 degrees of travel and then lock down with an internal setscrew. You might be able to find some--can't say, but at least they exist.
"These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." Groucho Marx
"Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff." Jack Handy
"Watch out for that tree!" George of the Jungle
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#3 Judd

Judd

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • 2004 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:27 AM

Well, yes and no, so you can at least have hope that your search isn't doomed to frustration. I bought a pair used here on the forum some years back and they do what you want, although the also raise the bars about 3/4". I found this site that shows them, but they're very hard to track down; I've looked for other sources for them and found lots of dead-ends. By the way, they do fit my '05, so they're also ok for your '04.

I wanted them to pull the bars way back toward me--much more raked than the stock look. Mine are so far back, in fact, that they're sometimes a little hindered by my tank bag, but I really like not having to reach and lean for the grips. They rotate through maybe 30-40 degrees of travel and then lock down with an internal setscrew. You might be able to find some--can't say, but at least they exist.

Thanks for that link,,,,,, anyone else? Maybe some place state side?
Daily driver and sport touring rig- 04 FJR{10.89@127mph in the 1/4 mile!}. Adv touring rig- Suzuki DL650, 2 inch lift and mud-grips baby! Have a XR650L as my dual sport mount. States visited on two wheels- http://s563.photobuc... on two wheels/
Endeavor to Preservere,,, I reckon so.