03 Colors? (Yes, I've serched first lol)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? You never heard of a shifter condom?

Ryder_Clips_Shifter_Socks.jpg

All good points thanks guys I think ill go look at a 05 local that has 11k less miles on her and still has the same ecu and exhaust mods just no givi trunk. hes asking 300 bucks less than the 03 to boot and its still blue, just the right version as far as i can tell. I also believe this one might be a one owner so ill feel better about knowing the bikes history. I'm really excited about this bike as I haven't had a good long distance bike sense the 80's when I had a nice kz1300 kitted out. Selling the v star next week so ill have spare cash to do all services(valves checked,fluids,plugs and CCV) to the FJ and perhaps a new brain bucket, I've always wanted a nice one. Ill post a pick once I get her but I cant guarantee you will be able to see the bike with my big ol toothy grin all over the place.
biggrinsmiley.gif

..... Something about the look of the bike from the front on picture 9 seems wrong to me, but I can't figure out what it is, ......
No Yamaha badge on the front cowling.

No reflectors on forks.

All just cosmetic though, but as previously mentioned, price is too high.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would offer $4000 on the '03. I'd go in person and complain about the color, especially the two side pieces that weren't painted to match.
uhoh.gif

I'd be wary of the '03 from your description
Talk to the owner.

My '03 is wreck-free but is Candy Red Metalic (color matched to the R1 of the time) with lower fairings that update the turn signals to the integrated ones instead of on the stalks.

Why? Because I liked the color and wanted the upgraded turn signals. I paid good money for the custom stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: