06 ignition failure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the kit will include Posi-Locks and not the POS Scotch-Locks.

An enterprising sole could also use this kit to liberate any abandoned and unloved FJRs they happen to find parked around the area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All I don't know what number I would be but my switch failed on me on my two week trip to TN. The saddest part is the Yamaha dealers didn't want to touch it so I had it picked up by a local cycle shop and they rigged up a toggle switch. The name of the cycle shop is KEN"s cycle in Grey TN In the Britol area this guy treated me AWSOME as I was on my ride from MA on the 4th day of my trip.

Rich

Hi All I don't know what number I would be but my switch failed on me on my two week trip to TN. The saddest part is the Yamaha dealers didn't want to touch it so I had it picked up by a local cycle shop and they rigged up a toggle switch. The name of the cycle shop is KEN"s cycle in Grey TN In the Britol area this guy treated me AWSOME as I was on my ride from MA on the 4th day of my trip. Rich
Cartfj40, what was your mileage at failure?

FWIW, I just spoke with a Yamaha tech and he did not know the problem even existed. Probably just feeding me a line of B.S., but I thought I would post here that I spoke with Chad at Yamaha corporate today at 3:50 Central time, and made him aware of the problem. Since they claim to be recording the calls, they can't say they aren't aware of the problem. I even told him that there 15 confirmed cases so far. If someone does get hurt I figure the more bases covered the better.

FWIW, I just spoke with a Yamaha tech and he did not know the problem even existed. Probably just feeding me a line of B.S., but I thought I would post here that I spoke with Chad at Yamaha corporate today at 3:50 Central time, and made him aware of the problem. Since they claim to be recording the calls, they can't say they aren't aware of the problem. I even told him that there 15 confirmed cases so far. If someone does get hurt I figure the more bases covered the better.
I nominate Barabus to be the lead statician/information toilet bowl on this issue. (PM to him already sent)

Do I have a second?

Hi All I don't know what number I would be but my switch failed on me on my two week trip to TN. The saddest part is the Yamaha dealers didn't want to touch it so I had it picked up by a local cycle shop and they rigged up a toggle switch. The name of the cycle shop is KEN"s cycle in Grey TN In the Britol area this guy treated me AWSOME as I was on my ride from MA on the 4th day of my trip. Rich
Rich, what is the name of the Yamaha dealer that told you to screw? Local people and perhaps even mother Yamaha may want to know. :angry2:

I nominate Barabus to be the lead statician/information toilet bowl on this issue. (PM to him already sent)
Do I have a second?
If Barabus wants to....we do like TruWrecks did recently and effectively for the altitude issue...where they get to be the moderator of a special purpose thread and admins will help keep things cleaned up.

We've seen time and time again that the best approach with Yamaha fixing things isn't lawyering up and questioning their morals.....but attacking the issue by pinpointing it exactly. That either helps them to make right...or puts a non-confrontational form of pressure on them to do right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I have a second?
If Barabus wants to....we do like TruWrecks did recently and effectively for the altitude issue...where they get to be the moderator of a special purpose thread and admins will help keep things cleaned up.

We've seen time and time again that the best approach with Yamaha fixing things isn't lawyering up and questioning their morals.....but attacking the issue by pinpointing it exactly. That either helps them to make right...or puts a non-confrontational form of pressure on them to do right.
Time to put the facts on paper. If you have had a GenII (2006+) ignition failure, then please record your details on the linked thread. Thanks.

Official Information Gathering Thread for GenII Ignition Failures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts