06 retract conex

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... However my jumper side of the plug is being held to the harness somehow.Were any of you guys "jumpers" either taped into the harness, or tied in somehow?

Thanks,

Jeff
Yes, seems tied in really tightly. It can rock a little, but other than that it won't budge.
Thank You for the reply.
That jumper plug "in-hand" was easy to do - the bike was stripped down. Makes it easy to get to.

119338260_pLZk2-L.jpg

That jumper plug "in-hand" was easy to do - the bike was stripped down. Makes it easy to get to.
119338260_pLZk2-L.jpg
Geezus, Martha...

While I have torn down my previous BMW R12ooRT's this far ...

I have to get a bigger pair to try this on the new scoot!!! :dribble:

I can't thank you guys enough for this help. I got my 2010 FJR home this month and the most annoying thing was the auto-retract. Thanks to this site, auto-retract is now no more. My friend just got a Honda ST 1300 which does NOT have the annoying auto retract, and before today the Honda was "less annoying". Not anymore!

Because of this site and the great pictures, I knew where to start looking for the switch, and the general area of which panels to remove. Now that I have done it, I would recommend anyone try it.

<!--quoteo(post=547315:date=Feb 15 2009, 04:00 AM:name=mcatrophy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mcatrophy @ Feb 15 2009, 04:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=547315"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=547297:date=Feb 15 2009, 05:32 AM:name=xbmwscoot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xbmwscoot @ Feb 15 2009, 05:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=547297"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->... However my jumper side of the plug is being held to the harness somehow.

Were any of you guys "jumpers" either taped into the harness, or tied in somehow?

Thanks,

Jeff<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, seems tied in really tightly. It can rock a little, but other than that it won't budge.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thank You for the reply.

Well crap, I hate to resurrect a dead post, but another THANK YOU - lived with hat damn squeaky windshield and it's crappy autoretract for two years. 5 minute job. No more autoretract. Thanks@!

Well crap, I hate to resurrect a dead post, but another THANK YOU - lived with hat damn squeaky windshield and it's crappy auto retract for two years. 5 minute job. No more autoretract. Thanks@!

I am going to add a big +1 to this. I found this today searching for the Gen 2 solution and here it was. Worked perfectly.

Thanks all.

I plan to do mine as well. My windshield squawks on the way down and people look at me funny in the gas stations lol.

I have a buddy with an ST1300 that would trade a testicle for this annoying feature...go figgure....

Latest posts