07 AE bought new...am on third ignition????

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamma Jamma

Reaction score
Bought an 07 AE appx 18 months ago

first ignition locked up and key would not turn, bike had to be picked up.

second ignition did not lock up, but bike shut down during ride...no engine, no instrumentation, no electronics..went dead.

(fortunately on side street) bike had to be picked up.

Can anyone here shed any kind of light on what this problem may be? Dealer seems somewhat baffled by AE.

IIRC some of the 06 FJR's had switch problems. Do some digging on here and I'll think you'll find what you need. I just can't remember where it is off the top of my head. Old age SUCKS!!!!!!! <_<

Tom

Very sorry about your problem. These things can really test your mettle. If you're on the third one and it's working properly you may want to create an insurance policy on it by bolstering the solder points.

There's plenty on doing this in the pined posts at the top of mechanical problems.

The last thing you want is for this to happen again and if they're replacing the failed part with the same part, it may need help to last.

Others will definitely weigh-in on this and they'll know more than me so get ready for some good insight.

Good Luck! :)

Last edited by a moderator: