10/10ths #10 50ccTHW/Sunset to Sunrise/East Coast 2000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck and safe travels, Tony.
And I think this is probably what Barry had in mind for riding, on his tour of Michigan...

sheep-07.jpg

Fixed it for you - JSNS

Well as far as the "East Coast 2000" ride, a rider has 48 hours to complete it. I have permission to attempt a "Gold" version of

this ride in 36 hours which has not been done …yet.

Gonna need great timing and good luck for this one.

Well as far as the "East Coast 2000" ride, a rider has 48 hours to complete it. I have permission to attempt a "Gold" version ofthis ride in 36 hours which has not been done …yet.

56mph average. You got this. All the best to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well as far as the "East Coast 2000" ride, a rider has 48 hours to complete it. I have permission to attempt a "Gold" version ofthis ride in 36 hours which has not been done …yet.

56mph average. You got this. All the best to you.
Sounds easy until you factor in that you must stay along the coast.

Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, D.C. then IF you are lucky enough - The Florida Keys

My initial strategy is to start from Madawaska around 2 pm and hit Boston at the tail end of rush traffic, then make it south of DC

before sunrise. The Keys over the weekend should make for some fun…
uhoh.gif

Don't forget to turn that spot on. Like Niehart said, it'll be eating up a whole bunch of our time
smile.png

Oh crap, it just hit me that he started out today. I clicked on his spotwalla link and it came up blank. Is anyone else able to pull him up or is it just the sucky connection at work I have?

Geez, you'd think the guy would turn on his SPOT for us. It's not like he has anything else to do.
angry01.gif

Tony I hope this mess of pennies all aver the road is cleared up on I-95 in Delaware in time for your trip through to NY. As of right now only one lane is open and the crews have been at it for 10 hours.
https://6abc.com/traffic/one-lane-reopens-on-i-95-nb-after-penny-spill/1502898/
They would have been done with the clean up already, but people keep taking a penny and then leaving a penny.

Sorry guys - Quickpass was a no show and I added a fuel pump on the Aux Tank and a new switch for my aux. lights.

I will be leaving West Palm Beach around 6 pm and arriving in Mims, FL for the official start. I decided to have Jim (fljab)

as a witness. He witnessed my 2nd cert. ride that I did (100ccc) way back when… thought it would be cool for him to witness

this one.

I do not have to worry about losing miles to Mims as the ride is at 11k, and the later start time will help the ride when I return.

Sorry guys - Quickpass was a no show and I added a fuel pump on the Aux Tank and a new switch for my aux. lights.

I will be leaving West Palm Beach around 6 pm and arriving in Mims, FL for the official start. I decided to have Jim (fljab)

as a witness. He witnessed my 2nd cert. ride that I did (100ccc) way back when… thought it would be cool for him to witness

this one.

I do not have to worry about losing miles to Mims as the ride is at 11k, and the later start time will help the ride when I return.
Tony did stop by for Me & wifey to sign IBA witness forms. He's on his way!