10/10ths #10 50ccTHW/Sunset to Sunrise/East Coast 2000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO!!!! I'd hate to be the start of that.

I have no plans to ever do a 10/10ths. But I'm planning a trip for next year that is going to go at least 7000 miles. I was just curious.

I really enjoyed following this thread. I have a few maintenance questions, if you don't mind:
1. Did you change the engine oil during the ride, and if not, which oil did you use?

2. Tires - are you a dark sider, and if not, which tires did you leave with and how did they fair for the 11K?
No oil change in any of my 10k rides or IBRs. I use Motul 7100 (Just a personal preference)

Never a Darksider - I ride PR2's and average over 15k on the rears/ 20k on the fronts

Tires still have many more miles left in them.

So much about this is impressive. My first thoughts with some quick math are about the fuel cell. But then I thought about his ability to not pee while going through the 11.5 plus the FJR's tank (6 +- gallons of usable) is CRAZY. That is 17.5 gallons at say 40MPG = 700ish range. I know he doesn't ride tank to tank every time, but dang, my walnut sized bladder is only good for 3 hours sometimes.
He has 11.5ish total; aux = 4.8, main = 6.6, plus a little bit in the lines for 11.5 total per IBA/IBR rules this tank was made to conform to.

On cert rides, they still require you to have a receipt every 350 or so miles, so no advantage to longer range than that.

I'd need an auxiliary bladder.
weirdsmiley.gif

That picture was soooo long ago. I am a Klim guy, I still have that jacket though.

On that ride I still had the OEM trunk. Then the Haul Rd. snatched it from my bike… its wounded now. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been said time and time again on this thread, but I have to add my two cents. A very impressive ride and it was fun to follow you on your journey. Thanks for taking us mere mortals along for a serious LD ride.