10/10ths #10 50ccTHW/Sunset to Sunrise/East Coast 2000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's ~ 4 hrs from my house. We had agreed to meet at the gas station on SR46 West of I-95 where I'll take my NC Quickpass back and visit for a minute or two.

We met up and he's on his way south. Looking pretty good and I think he said he had 11K miles in so far, so the 10/10ths is OK. He's finishing up the Madawaska to Key West run, then back home, then work tomorrow.

IMG_20160918_132258877_zpsqqtlpgay.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We met up and he's on his way south. Looking pretty good and I think he said he had 11K miles in so far, so the 10/10ths is OK. He's finishing up the Madawaska to Key West run, then back home, then work tomorrow.
He must have one hell of an aux. tank on that FJR!!

Last edited by a moderator:
He must have one hell of an aux. tank on that FJR!!
LOL yeah I saw that too..

That is the picture of a MONSTER rider.

Much much respect to you Tony. Congratulations!!!

So much about this is impressive. My first thoughts with some quick math are about the fuel cell. But then I thought about his ability to not pee while going through the 11.5 plus the FJR's tank (6 +- gallons of usable) is CRAZY. That is 17.5 gallons at say 40MPG = 700ish range. I know he doesn't ride tank to tank every time, but dang, my walnut sized bladder is only good for 3 hours sometimes.

Tony, you have my utmost LD riding respect.

I rolled in early this morning from Key West. NEVER visit Key West using the route I took to get there. I was bound throughout this ride to

the letter of the rules and I went to extremes to go by them. Staying on US 1, A1A, I-95 or a bypass of I-95. It meant more miles and more

time, but I am confident that I rode the ride as intended. Over 2200 miles (In 33 hours)

Few Observations:

Keeping printing paper in gas pumps in not a priority for most gas stations.

Putting 3 pretty intense rides together is a blast. It nets big miles fast, and gives huge rest periods in between.

The 10/10ths (10k miles in 10 days) is my favorite cert. ride. (This was #10)

Having time off between rides makes for some great "People meeting" situations.

Madawaska, ME has some friendly folks

Key West Fire Fighters Rock !

Getting much rest before a ride is a key to staying in the saddle +36 hours.

I will miss these adventures….
sad.png

Thanks for following along !

I really enjoyed following this thread. I have a few maintenance questions, if you don't mind:

1. Did you change the engine oil during the ride, and if not, which oil did you use?

2. Tires - are you a dark sider, and if not, which tires did you leave with and how did they fair for the 11K?