10/10ths #10 50ccTHW/Sunset to Sunrise/East Coast 2000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He might be 350 miles behind by his schedule, but if the math is right, he's got this thing done in 57 hours at his present pace. :thumbsup:

Looking like 62 hours to complete with 850 miles to go if the math is right

He's got this :thumbs up:

Last edited by a moderator:
MPH looks fine for a late-night finish, or a 6-hour nap and an early morning finish. The ride does have "Sunrise" in the title.

Sending good vibes your way, brother!

101stpathfinder, when you get a chance ....

How are you paying tolls on the NY Thruway? Got an EZ-Pass?

...................................................................................................

Looks like the Mass Pike to Worcester, then I-290 to I-495 to I-95. Wonder if he's taking ME 11 or US 1 to Madawaska? ME 11 is scenic, but remote, and moose wander about at all hours of the day.

101stpathfinder, when you get a chance ....
How are you paying tolls on the NY Thruway? Got an EZ-Pass?

...................................................................................................

Looks like the Mass Pike to Worcester, then I-290 to I-495 to I-95. Wonder if he's taking ME 11 or US 1 to Madawaska? ME 11 is scenic, but remote, and moose wander about at all hours of the day.
He's got my NC Quickpass, which is good for Sunpass, EZ Pass, Peachpass, and of course NC Quickpass:

https://www.myncquickpass.com/en/home/index.shtml

However, it's been problematic. It's been saying no funds when the account has a $40 positive balance. I was on the phone with them yesterday and thought I got it straightened out, but got a text from him last night that it refused it again. Of course, the NC Quickpass folks don't have 24 hr customer service, but I did verify - once again - that it had a positive balance and the credit card info was good, so dunno what's up. I'll call again here in another hour or so and see what's up.

EDIT: wanted to add, it did work good on the way up to NY and heading westward. (Dang those NY and adjacent tolls are high!) The problem surfaced on the way back day before yesterday, well, @ 1 am yesterday morning more accurately.

Mission accomplished on the Sunset to Sunrise.

36 degrees on the way here. Now for a nice ride into Madawaska. I am enjoying Maine in the daylight! Previous times have all been night time.

I think there is too much construction on I95 to have any shot at the last ride, but I will attempt it anyway. Going to get some food in Madawaska !

And I am hungry for pie....

Ahhh...

2 Subway foot longs in the belly, a trip to the 4 Corners park, shower and a little re-arranging...

Gonna have a walk about and then some sleep.

Bumping my starting time to noon.

2 is better, but I would be late for work .