'13 Ducati Hyperstrada

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this the other day and it got my attention. As much as I like the idea it falls short for me in a couple of key areas. Namely, range (their estimating 120 miles to a tank) and the bags. Their semi-rigid. But the whole idea of a capable middle weight touring bike sits right with me. I see BMW revamped the 800ST into the 800GT with real bags on it instead of the magic extendo bags..

Saw this the other day and it got my attention. As much as I like the idea it falls short for me in a couple of key areas. Namely, range (their estimating 120 miles to a tank) and the bags. Their semi-rigid. But the whole idea of a capable middle weight touring bike sits right with me. I see BMW revamped the 800ST into the 800GT with real bags on it instead of the magic extendo bags..

Kinda makes you wonder why Honda felt they needed to "improve" the VFR800 and turn it into a 1200....

Kinda makes you wonder why Honda felt they needed to "improve" the VFR800 and turn it into a 1200....
My buddy has one and I've ridden it a pretty good distance. Very confusing bike. It'd make a great touring mount, except for that range issue and the reach to the bars (for me). Not a problem for him, he's about 6'8". BTW,

Oh ya, he's having a hell of a time getting the factory bags for it. He's gone through 2 sets, both of which were damaged from the factory.

Nice bike though!

At 399#s dry it has my interest, looking forward to the reviews.

I think I'm in lust............... :dribble:

111212middle25.jpg

Not hot on their (ducati's) electronics.....I'm personally leaning towards KTM's SMT....though my Duc's old school (no electronics...with carbs) just like my KTM :yahoo: