14th Annual "Bite the Wieenie" Ride To Eat - BBG3000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travel_man

Greg Rice
Reaction score
I am finally going to make it to Bite the Wieenie RTE at Pinks after many years of trying to make it work. I live in south Florida so it is a 2700+ mile ride out to Pinks and I was just never able to make it work. This year I have to be in California for work a few days before the RTE so I canceled the flight and will ride out. Since it is already over 2700 miles I am going to add a few more miles to make it a BBG3000. If I am successful this will be my 31 & 32 BBG's.

Made this run in 2013, knocked out both a SS1K and BB1500. Great fun!

Can't find listing on IBA calendar...digging on forum looks like November 21st is the date?

Hoping weather holds, meaning no snow in Siskiyous, definite maybe for me.

--G

Here is the information on Bite the Wieene RTE.

Subject: [iBDone] 14th Annual “Bite the Wieeenie” Ride To Eat

Welcome to the 15th annual “Bite the Wieenie” at Pink’s Hot Dogs in Los Angeles, Saturday, Nov 21, 2015.

This is the weekend before Thanksgiving Holidays AND it coincides with the Progressive International Motorcycle Show (IMS) in Long Beach, CA <https://secure.interactiveticketing.com/1.5/fd3734/#/select>. On Saturday, Nov 21, 9:30am-8:00pm, attend the largest motorcycle show on the west coast and at 8PM ride over to Pinks to “Bite The Wieeenie”. It’s approximately 33 miles (1+ hours in LA traffic)

The "Bite The Wieeenie" Ride To Eat is unique ... not to many riders can say they rode a 1,000 miles just to have a hot dog!! And if you’re new or interested in the Iron Butt community, this is a golden opportunity to see long distance motorcycle rigs and talk to Iron Butt big dogs.

Pink's is an honest-to-goodness Hollywood icon, sub-cultural gathering spot and past IBR bonus location. Whether you're Mike Kneebone, Pope Francis, Lisa Landry, the Donald or Elvis, everyone waits in line. And the 1-hour+ wait at midnight for a $4.20 chili dog is a unique Hollywood experience.

Jacked up pickups, bouncing lowriders, Porsches, pimpmobiles, junkers and LD motorcycle rigs all share a miniscule parking lot while stretch limos and Hummers circle the block while their contents wait in the 1-hour+ line.

Besides us LDRiders with ATGATT, it would not be unusual to see unique body piercing, facial tattoos, the best body modifications that money can buy, spikes and dreadlocks, prom dresses, grunge street wear and barefoot surfers standing in line.

HOT DOG MENU
If you're into hot dogs . . . check this amazing Pink’s Hot Dog menu <https://www.pinkshollywood.com/menu.html>.

The top-of-the-line gastrointestinal bomb is the legendary “THREE DOG NIGHT” -- 3 hot dogs, wrapped in a giant tortilla, 3 slices of cheese, 3 slices of bacon, chili & onions all for … $10.25!!!!!!!!

And for those of you of the non-meat persuasion, there is a vegan dog!

All prices subject to change.

WHEN
Saturday, Nov 21, 2015
Official Agenda +/- 60 minutes

10:00 PM - Tire kickin', extra tall tales and flat out lies!
11:00 PM - Line standing and general whining
12:00 midnight - Hot dog mass consumption
1:30 AM - Go home

ADDRESS, DIRECTIONS, GPS
Pink’s World Famous Hot Dogs <https://www.pinkshollywood.com/>
709 North La BreaLos Angeles, CA
(323) 931-4223

Directions: From the I-10, exit on La Brea and travel north to Melrose. Pink's is on the left, just after you cross Melrose. Just north of the Pink's storefront is a driveway to a parking lot behind Pinks. You can also access this parking lot from the back alley running between Melrose and Warring Avenue.

GPS Coordinates:
N 34° 5.040, W 118° 20.650

WHY MIDNIGHT???
Because that's when the beautiful people appear!!! Oh, and it's a perfect Saddlesore Ride (1,000 miles in 24 hours) for WA, ID, MT, WY, SD, CO, OK, NM, TX. Leave before midnight Friday evening, arrive at Pink's within 24-hours later to get your witness signatures. There will be dozens of witnesses on hand.

RSVP not required but if you have any questions:

Dean Tanji
[email protected]
Chief Hooligan and "Bite The Wieeenie" Grand Poo Baah

Meet Greg Rice. Convert GR to the CandyButtAssociation?

hmm...

Good Luck with that !!!
no.gif

I'm going to the bike show. I also have to pick up someone at the airport around 10pm. I could possibly make it at about11ish or later. Hmmmm.... Me thinkings....