• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2006 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive ABS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chornbe

Reaction score
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive ABS maxi-scooter. (yes, 2006 - I was in error previously listing it as a 2007)

18000 miles

Includes:
* Large, vented windshield not pictured (I took it off as I prefer more airflow in the summer).
* Passenger backrest
* Under-seat sound system with AM/FM, CD, iPod (30-pin) and aux integration

The good:
* New battery
* Flushed and replaced brake fluid
* New oil and filter (5 miles ago as of this posting - neighborhood test rides to ensure good running condition)
* I gave it a bath - it's kind of an event

The bad:
* Needs rear tire soon. I may or may not replace that before the sale, but doing so will not affect the price.
* Tires are both probably "aged out"; they're at least 4 1/2 years old, and not sure how old they were when we bought the thing.
* Passenger back rest has a bit of separation on the vinyl at the grey covering
* Spent a brief moment on its right side in the previous owner's driveway. Mild marks on the right edge of the fairing as a result.

Bike is in good shape with the occasional normal-use scratch, etc.

The Executive model includes ABS, power/economy and manual-shift-change modes.

Test rides available with full payment in cash; you break it, drop it or otherwise create any issues, you've bought it.

$4000 obo, to satisfy the ex-wife's assertion that I was previously selling it too low. Please send me your reasonable offers and I'll send them along to her highness for verification of acceptability to her standards.

KBB asserts that this is worth $4100

NADA asserts that this is worth $3500

Similar models are selling on eBay (search -> advanced -> sold listings for "2006 burgman 650") for $2600 - $3800, depending on options (tour trunk, cruise control, etc) and low mileage ( ~1600 - ~9000 miles ).

As always, I'm happy to help where and how I can with logistics, etc. Let me know your thoughts. Oh, and please do so publicly in this thread so as not to "hide anything for your stupid motorcycle friends." She's apparently worried I'm going to purposely take a low-ball "buddy price" offer to avoid giving her money. Never mind the notion that the less I sell it for, the less I make, too. :facepalm:

Thanks.

Imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/Cpp2d

e7p6DOg.jpg

BDkUScA.jpg

** editorial note: I hate - hate - to sell this, but I already know I can't count on any reasonable cooperation were I to attempt to keep it and pay her the part of reasonable value due on the thing. I really enjoy this bike and I hope someone gives it a good home.

Much like an FJR, that's barely used. It's amazing what these things are capable of. We have a local guy who has toured all over the US on one. I followed a lady who has scrapes on those running boards through some twisties and she was hauling butt on those little tires. She sold hers to another local member of the club at 97,000 miles and I understand it's still being ridden. She bought herself a brand new one. Don't know if I'm ready for one yet, but if you've been thinking about one, do it.

These are not beach scooters; this is a full on (sporty-ish) touring bike. Love this thing.

Latest posts