2009 Iron Butt Rally - Official Daily Reports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sending the very best of wishes for Davo. What a heartbreaker, to be so close to the finishing line and then have the ultimate in bad luck. Hope he comes out of this OK.

Congratulations to the local crew, all home safe. Whether or not the IBA bestows any honors on Turbo Dave or not, he knows and we know that he accomplished something that most of us wouldn't even dream of trying. Well done Dave!

Wondering if Iggy is just a LITTLE sore after riding the damaged bike so far? Perhaps when the adrenaline wears off?

SkooterG - two minutes to spare? Could you have cut it any finer?

Well done all of you, and everyone else who made it to Spokane.

Record breaking visitors :good:

2009IronButtRally-OfficialDailyRepo.png
!

Sending the very best of wishes for Davo. What a heartbreaker, to be so close to the finishing line and then have the ultimate in bad luck. Hope he comes out of this OK.
Congratulations to the local crew, all home safe. Whether or not the IBA bestows any honors on Turbo Dave or not, he knows and we know that he accomplished something that most of us wouldn't even dream of trying. Well done Dave!

Wondering if Iggy is just a LITTLE sore after riding the damaged bike so far? Perhaps when the adrenaline wears off?

SkooterG - two minutes to spare? Could you have cut it any finer?

Well done all of you, and everyone else who made it to Spokane.
Prayers to Davo for a complete and speedy recovery. :(

Congratulations to SkooterG, TurboDave and Matt for arriving safe and on time. I am hoping for a good showing at the scorer's table for each of you. :clapping:

Burk

Skooter sent me a text message sayin he made it with 2 minutes to spare! I told him it was wasted time and he should have gotten one more bonus!
Ah, that damn kid of mine! Even back when he was in grade school his Mom and I'd be screaming at Skooty to get to class!

Last edited by a moderator:
some bad news I'm afraid...just saw this posted over on the MTF (obviously can't vouch for reliability -- just passing it on):

" 37936.15 in reply to 37936.14

Am new to your forum but there has been a problem with Davo, I just got a message from Wil, Davo's wife message reads as:

"Mick Just had a call form idaho emergency dept. David hit a deer . Has a head injury. going into surgery. Please pass this on"

Michael

FarRiders Admin"

all kinds of good thoughts, positive vibes, and prayers sent your way Davo!

Oh man this is NOT good news. I hope Davo is OK and everything goes as smoothly as possible for him.
Man, I hate that and hope there is some very good news coming from this story. I hate it for his not finishing but much more for his health issues now.

doctorj

Typically, how many hours after the riders are at the last checkpoint are the rally results posted?

Also, do the results arrive more quickly if I stare at this thread more? :)

Typically, how many hours after the riders are at the last checkpoint are the rally results posted?

LOL!

I think Tom will post the results right after they have been announced at the finsher's banquet tonight.

I think each rider is allowed 2 hours to prepare paperwork then present to the scoring folks.

I would think the folks scoring would check and double check to ensure accuracy, it will be much later today / tonight before results are posted is my guess.

and, uhhh, yeah, keep staring wheatie!

If staring at this thread caused the results to appear faster, our cumululative efforts would have ensured that the final results were posted several days ago!

I wonder how many hours of work, sleep, family time etc have been lost to this thread?

Prayers to Davo and his family for a complete and speedy recovery.

Congrats to all the other riders who've made it in OK.

Prayers for Davo. It always unnerves me when things happen like this so close to the end.

Curt

Last edited by a moderator:
criminy.... I'm getting ready to leave work and head home and what am I thinking about? The long holiday weekend? A nice frosty beer? A fine single malt and a cigar? None of that -- I'm wondering what I'll miss because I can't be staring at the screen.

unbelievable.

hold down the fort folks

My prayers, positive thoughts and massive good mojo out to Davo!!!

Fuggin' forest rats!!!! :angry:

Gunny !

Fancy coming all that way, almost completing the Iron Butt, then hitting one of those stupid creatures.

Davo man, my heart goes out to you an your family, get well very soon.

DA Pommy.

Latest posts