2010 FJR Pricing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiteflyer

Reaction score
The only dealer I have contacted here in southwest Idaho has a 2010 1300A on the floor for $15,300. I am getting the impression that I may be getting bent way over for that price.

What can one expect to offer a dealer for a '10 FJR? I haven't bought new motocycles for quite sometime and may at a disadvantage for negociating a good price. I'm 57 years old, this may be the last bike I buy and don't wnat to get stung doing it.

Happy trails,

-kf

Last edited by a moderator:
2010 FZR Pricing
First thing I'd do is look at the FJR instead of the FZR.

ribbing 'ya....I changed your thread title for you. ;)

Price seems high to me. Maybe it includes taxes and fees, but MSRP is only $15190.

Prepare to travel and look at other dealers in the PNW area. Perhaps Desert Valley Powersports. A friend snagged one for significantly less than your quote...by a couple grand maybe. Also, if it is a 2010 ask what warranty coverage is and that it would be eligible for Y.E.S. and the price.

The only dealer I have contacted here in southwest Idaho has a 2010 1300A on the floor for $15,300. I am getting the impression that I may be getting bent way over for that price.

What can one expect to offer a dealer for a '10 FJR? I haven't bought new motocycles for quite sometime and may at a disadvantage for negociating a good price. I'm 57 years old, this may be the last bike I buy and don't wnat to get stung doing it.

Happy trails,

-kf
I was recently offered a new 2010 FJR in California, and the dealer would accept any offer over $13,100, The dealer was pretty straight up about the whole thing, and I think that represented his cost plus assembly. I can't blame a dealer for wanting to make a decent living and keep the lights on, but somewhere between 13,100 and 15,300 you should be able to find some common ground.

i have herd of quite a few in the 13 range. +1 on the y.e.s. i have heard of plenty of people being very happy they

had it and i heard yamaha was pretty easy to work with when they used it

I sent you a PM with a few dealers that have stock and are willing to deal.

Dave B

Dave,

I just called the guys in Monroe at Advanced Motorsports. He'll sell me a 2010 FJR1300ABS for $13,500. My local dealer is going to have to beat that price or I'm taking a trip to Washington.

Thank you for the tip!

Cheers,

-Paul

I sent you a PM with a few dealers that have stock and are willing to deal.

Dave B

Dave,

I just called the guys in Monroe at Advanced Motorsports. He'll sell me a 2010 FJR1300ABS for $13,500. My local dealer is going to have to beat that price or I'm taking a trip to Washington.

Thank you for the tip!

Cheers,

-Paul
Kerrville Texas had 2 of them for $12,900 a couple months ago which he said was at invoice.

I love my 2009 FJR, bought it used at a bargain price. As good as it is I think the FJR is at the end of its development and the 2010 prices over $15,000 exceed what I'd be willing to pay. Also FJR's for whatever reason depreciate like a sinking stone. Better to buy a low milage used one than a new overpriced one. Got mine:(2009, beautiful condition, 4,800 miles, YES expires in 2013) well under 10 grand. Reading other posts I think there are several used FJR's offered for sale. Go find a bargain I say and get a bike that performs close to or better than a $20,000 Beemer. I'm just sayin...

Bill

I think the impression that motorcycles are depreciating rapidly is true...but; I also think the manufacturers have cut back production to match the lower demand. As the economy recovers and surplus bikes are bought up in the Spring, you will see demand outstrip supply and prices will rise. Nothing dramatic, but it will firm up. This is not unique to the FJR but is affecting all large, expensive bikes. If you look at the prices of used SUVs between 2007 and present, you will see that they really tanked in value but have remarkably recovered. Trucks and SUVs are in demand again and prices of used are sky high. It can happen when manufacturing cuts back surplus inventory in the new market and the used market has to soak up more buyers. On top of that, the U.S. currency is so depreciated, that a significant price increase is almost inevitable. If I had to guess, the motorcycle market should be very different by 2012.

I love my 2009 FJR, bought it used at a bargain price. As good as it is I think the FJR is at the end of its development and the 2010 prices over $15,000 exceed what I'd be willing to pay. Also FJR's for whatever reason depreciate like a sinking stone. Better to buy a low milage used one than a new overpriced one. Got mine:(2009, beautiful condition, 4,800 miles, YES expires in 2013) well under 10 grand. Reading other posts I think there are several used FJR's offered for sale. Go find a bargain I say and get a bike that performs close to or better than a $20,000 Beemer. I'm just sayin...

Bill
I totally agree with you...I picked up a like new 03 for $5100. I wish it had ABS, but for the price I paid...

Got mine last summer when it was the current model and notin off-season sales time. It was tagged at $12,999. (That is, the priceas not due to my haggling skills.) I would think the price in your areawould be no higher than here in west TN.

The dealer is quoting sticker price; suggestion: go to EBay motors/yamaha/fjr---and take a look at some of the buy it now prices being posted. I'm 67 and on my 3rd last bike. If you have a nearby dealer you'd like to give a chance, show him the data. My dealer could come no closer than $2,300-ugh.

Not that you'd want to travel this far, but Stevens Cycle Sales has some deals at $12,495. I haven't spoken to them recently, so can't say if there are any left. At least you can use the pricing knowledge to negotiate a better deal closer to home. I've purchased two FJRs from Stevens and they treat their customers right...

As Niehart pointed out, Adventure in Monroe are also some good folks and a little closer to home.

Good Luck!

--G

Definitely consider Desert Valley PowerSports over in Prosser, WA. A mere 300 miles from your area if you interstate slab it, or 400+ if you take a variety of fun roads thru John Day etc. Those guys are FJR savvy, which can be hard to come by at some dealers.

Welcome to the Forum. I also had a long break in bike action before coming around to the FJR. Life changer!

Happy trails,

-kf

UPDATE:::

My dealer here is Idaho was shown he is willing to work with me by giving me a quote I can live with. I know what invoice on a '10 FJR is now and I'll be more than happy to give him a few hundred extra for their trouble..

I'll probably pick her up later next week, Thanks to all who helped with their buying experience to allow me to approach my dealer with some background.

Keep the shiney side up --Paul

Happy trails,

-kf

UPDATE:::

My dealer here is Idaho was shown he is willing to work with me by giving me a quote I can live with. I know what invoice on a '10 FJR is now and I'll be more than happy to give him a few hundred extra for their trouble..

I'll probably pick her up later next week, Thanks to all who helped with their buying experience to allow me to approach my dealer with some background.

Keep the shiney side up --Paul
:yahoo: get r done