2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think the FJR is a great motorcycle but the brief time I have spent on the new C14 has given me a new perspective. I don't think the FJR needs a bigger engine, what it has is almost a perfect blend of power, fuel economy, reliability, and ease of maintenance...but it does need to be smoother. If Kawasaki can make super smooth inline fours, then Yamaha should also be able to do it. The FJR's suspension needs to be upgraded, one ride on the C14 will show you why (and the ride will get even better with PR2s). Finally, the FJR needs to have more luggage capacity, FJR owners should not have to install huge trunks just to be able to pack enough for a weekend trip.
MeAsWe and Myself can pack for 17 days in the saddlebags provided. Need the top case for all the crap like Acer laptop, wires, adaptors, rechargers, National Park book, coffee cups, and some of MeAsWe stuff. If we or should I say I, could do without the electronics or if I tried real hard, I could probably fit everything in the saddlebags.

Our clothes for 2+ weeks fits in one of these. We each get one. Squeeze the air out and you are good to go.

2514817710094472708S600x600Q85.jpg

but I do love the new C14, just a bit tall for this short guy. The FJR is just about the limit for me.

Willie

I love my FJR. I want and plan to buy another one. If Yamaha doesn't step up soon though, then Kawasaki (or BMW) just may earn my business. Yamaha - please learn from Kawasaki and its owners AND this forum.

Last edited by a moderator: