2010 with hot feet, 2006 didn't have an issue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a 2010 FJR after trying some other bikes and the heat on my feet is horrible it's nothing like my 2006, I HATE riding this bike.

I have an '09, everyone here tells me it's in my head. I got it a year ago and it is so hot I don't ride it in the summer. I did buy some heat resistant socks from a place that sells fireproof type clothing and they did help.

My 09 gets hot around the feet at highway rpms. I have to put my hooves at the end of the pegs and point my toes outward.

Well my 10 is hot at the feet also. If I did not have WB pegs on I could not ride it in heat at all. I wear Alpine Star boots and good socks. I also wear full gear. It is the hottest bike I have ever ridden bar none.

My 10 runs hotter than my 06 did.

10 also shows a bar + higher than my 06 did on the temp gage.

My 2009 at slow speeds in 40C heat was unbearable. Bought high boots to save the calves and put short heat sheilds on the pipe under my feet.

Mine ('09)is so hot I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of it... help!!!
This stuff cracks me up so much, people at work think I'm crazy for laughing out loud.

The Gen 1 was supposedly SO hot, Yamaha does a multi-million dollar redesign to fix a problem that wasn't there. Looks like their redesigned grounded out to first.

Maybe it's a good thing MamaYama listened to their customers....they just listened to the WRONG ONES!

I just bought a 2010 FJR after trying some other bikes and the heat on my feet is horrible it's nothing like my 2006, I HATE riding this bike.

I have an '09, everyone here tells me it's in my head. I got it a year ago and it is so hot I don't ride it in the summer. I did buy some heat resistant socks from a place that sells fireproof type clothing and they did help.

My 09 gets hot around the feet at highway rpms. I have to put my hooves at the end of the pegs and point my toes outward.

Well my 10 is hot at the feet also. If I did not have WB pegs on I could not ride it in heat at all. I wear Alpine Star boots and good socks. I also wear full gear. It is the hottest bike I have ever ridden bar none.

My 10 runs hotter than my 06 did.

10 also shows a bar + higher than my 06 did on the temp gage.

My 2009 at slow speeds in 40C heat was unbearable. Bought high boots to save the calves and put short heat sheilds on the pipe under my feet.

Mine ('09)is so hot I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of it... help!!!
This stuff cracks me up so much, people at work think I'm crazy for laughing out loud.

The Gen 1 was supposedly SO hot, Yamaha does a multi-million dollar redesign to fix a problem that wasn't there. Looks like their redesigned grounded out to first.

Maybe it's a good thing MamaYama listened to their customers....they just listened to the WRONG ONES!
Chill out Howie, it appears that the dealers in prepping some of the bikes either removed or didn't install foam piesced under the fairings on some bikes. I added the foam to the one side that was missing it and it is fine now.

Well it seems to have everything to do with the foam. I glued/taped a piece of 1 x 2 x 6" to the inside of the right fairing as far back as it could go by my right foot. I just got back from a 2 hr ride, even though the temp gauge only showed it to be 81 deg out, but the right side is now cooler than the left that has the original flimsy foam in it. The foam is positioned so that the heat can't rise up off the cat, it goes under and out the back of the bike. I will now replace the left side factory foam too. I now feel what you guys say is normal heat for a 1300 cc bike with a fairing about the same as my old VFR, very happy with the out come!!!
I have the foam in place both sides of my bike, but it still seems a bit hot. I'm thinking of replacing the foam like you did to see if it helps. What kind of foam did you use? I'm worried that if I use the wrong kind of foam it will melt. Thanks!
I took a piece of close cell foan, 2x2x6 inches and covered it in reflectix (aluminum foil over thin bubble wrap I got from home depot) and glued it to the inside of the lower right fairing as low and far back as it would go. Seems to be working fine, now the right side is cooler than the left (which had the foam in place) so I will redo the left side too.

Well it seems to have everything to do with the foam. I glued/taped a piece of 1 x 2 x 6" to the inside of the right fairing as far back as it could go by my right foot. I just got back from a 2 hr ride, even though the temp gauge only showed it to be 81 deg out, but the right side is now cooler than the left that has the original flimsy foam in it. The foam is positioned so that the heat can't rise up off the cat, it goes under and out the back of the bike. I will now replace the left side factory foam too. I now feel what you guys say is normal heat for a 1300 cc bike with a fairing about the same as my old VFR, very happy with the out come!!!
I have the foam in place both sides of my bike, but it still seems a bit hot. I'm thinking of replacing the foam like you did to see if it helps. What kind of foam did you use? I'm worried that if I use the wrong kind of foam it will melt. Thanks!
I took a piece of close cell foan, 2x2x6 inches and covered it in reflectix (aluminum foil over thin bubble wrap I got from home depot) and glued it to the inside of the lower right fairing as low and far back as it would go. Seems to be working fine, now the right side is cooler than the left (which had the foam in place) so I will redo the left side too.
ehc0720, any chance of you posting some pictures what you did? How you wrapped the foam and where you put it.

ehc0720, any chance of you posting some pictures what you did? How you wrapped the foam and where you put it.
Kinda hard to get a pic without removing the fairing, which I'm too lazy to do until I have too!!! PM me and we can set up a phone call to try and describe it.