2011 Hooterville 400

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they have chicken fried steak for wheaties?

While we are on the subject of chicken fried steak...I have Nuvi 500. I understand there is supposed to be a way to import maps to this sucker. I am not smart enough to figure it out, and the POS owner's manual doesn't explain how to do so.

Can somebody PM me with some sort of directions on how to down load maps from this here computer onto this here Nuvi?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they have chicken fried steak for wheaties?

While we are on the subject of chicken fried steak...I have Nuvi 500. I understand there is supposed to be a way to import maps to this sucker. I am not smart enough to figure it out, and the POS owner's manual doesn't explain how to do so.

Can somebody PM me with some sort of directions on how to down load maps from this here computer onto this here Nuvi?
Don't worry Skip...Smitty will have paper maps. :clapping:

Im one of the newest noobs. The ride sounds like a blast and I would love to join in if you can handle another noob.. Ill be riding from the Indianapolis area, about 350 mi. to Farmington. I'll be two up and might bring a buddy with me. Im sure the pasta house if fine.

Im one of the newest noobs. The ride sounds like a blast and I would love to join in if you can handle another noob.. Ill be riding from the Indianapolis area, about 350 mi. to Farmington. I'll be two up and might bring a buddy with me. Im sure the pasta house if fine.
This a usually a pretty brisk ride. How does your buddy ride, and what kind of bike is he riding?? This ain't no HD parade...

EDIT: Not meaning to sound harsh...you're certainly welcome to come of course, that's why I published the invite. There will be others 2-up I believe.

I just wanted to make sure, since you are new to this board, that this ride is an FJR ride...and the pace can be pretty good. Didn't want anybody not understanding...and inviting their long time riding buddy - who is on a cruiser.

This will be a long day of twisties...so it will be great fun, but also tiring as they roads demand your attention at FJR speeds.

I will be 2-up for this ride also :friends: As stated the pace will most likely not be slow.

It sounds a little harsh, I'll pass
Like I said, not meaning to sound harsh...just wanting those not familiar with the ride to fully understand the particulars of this ride...that's all.

Not being judgmental at all, because most of those showing up are faster than I am. You're still welcome to join if you change your mind...let me know.

Mark/wheaton

It sounds a little harsh, I'll pass
Like I said, not meaning to sound harsh...just wanting those not familiar with the ride to fully understand the particulars of this ride...that's all.

Not being judgmental at all, because most of those showing up are faster than I am. You're still welcome to join if you change your mind...let me know.

Mark/wheaton
Mark I could just bring the Wing and ride sweep :search:

Nobody will need to ride sweep unless they really want to. This is a ride at your own pace ride...but we will wait at the turns for the riders in your own little group. Like I said before, we will be breaking up into smaller groups or flights so we don't have one big long wagon train cluster fook.

I don't think anyone should worry about the 'pace' they ride. I never ride "aggressive" on these group things (just ask anyone who's ridden in the same group I have and got frustrated following me :) ) I live in the middle of the 'flat and straights' so I don't get much practice in unless I hit the interstate clover-leafs at a spirited pace.

I road the "Loop" in about 7 hours the other day on a 900 lb. Wing including a breakfast and lunch stop. If everyone is on the road around 8 am there will be plenty of time at any pace. I could ride the KLR and still have plenty of fun and time. Plus be back in time to clean up and eat dinner with the gang.. It will be a long day for some, but a FUN day for all.. fast or not so fast pace.

Smitty ;)

I'll be riding a new Ducati 848 at Hooterville, it's still new to me, don't have enough miles on it yet to be real comfortable on it yet, and it's only got a 4.1 gallon gas tank.

Will I be riding my own rides? You bet your A$$ I will. :lol:

Sorry for not adding in to conversation, but I been up in Colorado ridin dirt bikes for the past 1-1/2 weeks.

Where to stay, what to eat....It dont matter to me, just hook it up!

Smitty bring that Wing, I wanna see how that good that beast will run!

Leaving in Groups or Flights, thats cool too! Mark you probably already know where you want me, I really DONT want to ride sweep, if I dont have too!

What else? I'm ready to ride!

Maybe I should be ridin sweep.
Come on down...I just was kind of askin' what kind of riding you were used to doing...and what kind of riding is usually involved at Hooterville. I guess I was pretty clumsy in my askin'...sorry about that. From the comments above from other riders like zzzzip, et al, I'm sure you'll be fine.

I'm just a little nervous as an organizer when there is a big crowd of riders and some people who've never ridden the area before. I just want people to have fun and be safe. To that end, I am starting people off in groups of no more than six..spaced at 10 minutes apart. I will put the crazy fast riders towards the first groups and people I know like me who ride slower towards the later groups.

People who I have never ridden with before and have never ridden these roads before I will put in the later groups. Unless you come up to me and convince me that you are a bonafide ricky racer, noobs will start in the later groups. The main thing is that every one go at a pace that is comfortable to them.

If some people are tired in the afternoon and just want to get back to the barn, there will be easy ways to do that and shorten your day.

Let's all have a great ride...