2012 Adacks Ride 6-16-12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add another one to the list, my cousin Rich will be riding up with me on his Bandit 1250. We are going to make an all backroad run on Fri going up pa32/611/209 to Port Jervis then run 97 up to Hancock. From there I'm not sure which route would be best.Do any of you locals know if route 30 is a decent ride? Looks like 30 to 30a would bring us right into Johnstown. Any advice much appreciated!

Rich is going to book at the super 8 as well.

Paul.

Add another one to the list, my cousin Rich will be riding up with me on his Bandit 1250. We are going to make an all backroad run on Fri going up pa32/611/209 to Port Jervis then run 97 up to Hancock. From there I'm not sure which route would be best.Do any of you locals know if route 30 is a decent ride? Looks like 30 to 30a would bring us right into Johnstown. Any advice much appreciated!

Rich is going to book at the super 8 as well.

Paul.
Paul

Rt 30 and 30A are great bike roads (if you like sweepers). Especially the lower part of 30 that runs along the Pepacton Reservoir. It was made for bikes :yahoo: If you get on 30 at Rt 17 and take it all the way to 30A , then run 30A you will be happy.

Done the 'acks before and love them. If there's space left in the ride I will make some ressies but I don't wanna be the one who puts the group into split mode.

Done the 'acks before and love them. If there's space left in the ride I will make some ressies but I don't wanna be the one who puts the group into split mode.
Hey, if you want to ride then reserve a place and show up. It is no problem if we break up into more than one group for the riding. We all start and end at the same place.

Cool, I see Priceline has the same cancel terms (Thurs before noon) so I will go that route since I already have an acct w them, Super-8 in Johnstown Fri n Sat nites (not a huge fan of the S-8's but if that is home base for beer crack'n n stories then I'm staying there!)

No worries, TS. I'm not in charge of this here shin-dig, but it looks to me like we are already well over the number that would necessitate a split, anyway. I've led groups of 20-25 bikes before in the past (when I couldn't convince anyone else to lead a 2nd group) and it really isn't the best way to go. :nono:

I'll be coming along 2-up, and I have ridden all of this route before (but not in the CW direction), and can follow a GPS route pretty well, so I may end up volunteering to lead a (slightly slower) second group around and let the solo riding speedsters go off up front.

Heck, if we hit around 30 bikes we might even want to split into 3 groups! ;)

Like geezer and Fred said, not a problem. I planed on at least 2, maybe 3 groups anyway. I have 3 willing to lead including myself. As of now with 16 maybe 18 bikes that's only 6 per group, and for me that's perfect.

Fred, thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind.

Art

Rt 30 and 30A are great bike roads (if you like sweepers). Especially the lower part of 30 that runs along the Pepacton Reservoir. It was made for bikes :yahoo: If you get on 30 at Rt 17 and take it all the way to 30A , then run 30A you will be happy.
The bottom of Pepacton Reservoir is one of the best bike roads in NY as far as I'm concerned. Low traffic and great sweepers.

Joe

Wait... the first NERDS? That was only last year, right? Did I miss one? :dribble:

In any case, it'll be good to see you again.

And you should come back to the second NERDS too. ;)

Oo-oo... I think that eastern-most section might just be Tracy Road, no? :yahoo:

Art was gracious enough to take my buddies and I on day trek through the Daks. Tracy road was definitely fun, but it was a great ride all together! Thanks again sir! And thanks again for showing my friend what an Fjr can really do. :D I've gotten waaay to timid after breaking the second leg.

Oh Art, by the way, the video of you my friend was suppose to send you, never came to be. His battery died on the last run through.

Enjoy the ride!!! Maybe I'll join you if I can get the time.

Oo-oo... I think that eastern-most section might just be Tracy Road, no? :yahoo:

Art was gracious enough to take my buddies and I on day trek through the Daks. Tracy road was definitely fun, but it was a great ride all together! Thanks again sir! And thanks again for showing my friend what an Fjr can really do. :D I've gotten waaay to timid after breaking the second leg.

Oh Art, by the way, the video of you my friend was suppose to send you, never came to be. His battery died on the last run through.

Enjoy the ride!!! Maybe I'll join you if I can get the time.
Hey Chris

Yeah, that was fun, too bad there wasn't more time. I was racing the clock and the Feej was running good :) We won't be going at that pace for this outing, so if you want to join us it'll be good to see you.

I made an update to the route. Put it in post 1. Before the other routes are deleted I want to make sure the updated one works for all. It's a small change to the first 12 miles, also included a waypoint for dinner at Travers Diner.

2012 Adack Ride routes GDB and GPX format