2013 FJR mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

art miller

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you owners of the 2013 model comments on the mirrors? Are they still incapable of adjusting outward enough to cover blind spots? Is the recess in the mount base large enough to permit using FZ1 mirrors? Has anyone tried the spacers offered on this forum?

Hopefully Yamaha will come to the realization this needs to be addressed. Perhaps we could send Yamaha USA emails expressing our desire to fix this!!

Even though I’m 6’1” and over 200 lb. never experienced any problems with my past two FJR mirrors so I'm hoping they aren’t any worse on my 2013. However bad they are they can't be worse than the mirrors on my 999. They are simply hilarious and have no function other than holding the front blinkers.

Heck, I LIKE looking at the V-Strom knuckleguards and my elbows with the stock mirrors on my '13!

Seriously, the mirrors could be improved but I have kept the stock ones on all three FJRs I have owned: Gen I, II, and III. A slight movement of head and/or body and I can see behind me just fine. I aim the right one so that it gives the view of the lane behind me and the left one is aimed more for the left lane. I am 5 feet 9 inches, BTW.

Mirrors are identical to the Gen II bikes. I spend a little time to get them just right. I still have to do a little elbow tuck to get a totally clear view but overall I find the mirrors work well and are vibration free.

My bike was delivered with a seriously scratched mirror, dealer ordered it and it is sitting in my shop awaiting the arrival of the remainder of my farkles before I change it out.

Im a big fan of the FZ1 mirrors, but I saw a thread here about some extenders for the stock mirrors. I Thought they looked great. Do some searching to see if you can find it. You might like them.

GP

Got this link off one of the threads here several months ago. Not sure if they will fit a '13.

Has anyone used these extenders and how is the vibration? My stock mirrors give my a good view of my elbows but like 20Valves just tuck in my elbow in just a little and I see fine. (I'm 5'8") What I find more annoying is one mirror vibrates like crazy, I can only tell something is behind me but hard to tell if it's a pickup or a car.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-mirror-wideners-yamaha-fjr1300-06

There you go Greg.....gen2 mirrors on a Gen1 (no extenders though) the bike in the middle thru me for a minute, looks like Gen3 color but is a gen2.

421985_268364923242473_100002069039240_643347_1428727362_n_zps627a502e.jpg

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Got this link off one of the threads here several months ago. Not sure if they will fit a '13.
Has anyone used these extenders and how is the vibration? My stock mirrors give my a good view of my elbows but like 20Valves just tuck in my elbow in just a little and I see fine. (I'm 5'8") What I find more annoying is one mirror vibrates like crazy, I can only tell something is behind me but hard to tell if it's a pickup or a car.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-mirror-wideners-yamaha-fjr1300-06
Yeah. That's the ones I was talking about.

GP

I have installed the sw motech mirror wideners on my 2013. They work fantastic and they look like they are made to match the 2013 color. These came off my 2012 so that should give you an ideal about what the fit is from gen2 to gen 3. I will try and post a picture or 2 when I get a chance. I love these since I hate staring at my own shoulders instead of being able to keep track of my son following me on his bike!!!